[SOLVED] My PC freezes and makes buzzings noises

joser0913

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
This event has only happened twice so far when I'm in soundcloud.com (only in this site using Mozilla Firefox) attempting to play a track. I have just installed Windows 10 because this is a new computer except for the motherboard, PSU and HDD.
First time, I waited for the blue screen but it didn't happen so I shut down the system with the power button. Inmediantely turned on the PC and went to soundcloud.com again and happened again. After that, I avoided soundcloun and PC is working fine as far as I know.

I have the logs from the event viewer on Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Solution
Yep, lots of reports of Firefox and soundcloud clashing. Several have resolved it by disabling the VLC Web Plugin in Firfox. If you have it then probably worth a try if you're committed to using Firefox. Then just re-enable when you leave soundcloud if use the plugin elsewhere. That's about all I've got given the number of reports of this issue and soundclouds apparent lack of interest in fixing it - users have been reporting it for years.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
So using another browser causes no issues? Correct that the “buzz” is from your speakers? Just making sure you’re not reporting some bizarre mechanical buzz as a result of SoundCloud.

there’s a good bit reporting on this same issue with various browsers going back several years and soundcloud seems to unresponsive to users.

joser0913

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
So using another browser causes no issues? Correct that the “buzz” is from your speakers? Just making sure you’re not reporting some bizarre mechanical buzz as a result of SoundCloud.

there’s a good bit reporting on this same issue with various browsers going back several years and soundcloud seems to unresponsive to users.
I've tried Google Chrome and it worked just fine. It looks like it's a Firefox-Soundcloud related issue

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
Yep, lots of reports of Firefox and soundcloud clashing. Several have resolved it by disabling the VLC Web Plugin in Firfox. If you have it then probably worth a try if you're committed to using Firefox. Then just re-enable when you leave soundcloud if use the plugin elsewhere. That's about all I've got given the number of reports of this issue and soundclouds apparent lack of interest in fixing it - users have been reporting it for years.

Reactions: joser0913
Solution