[SOLVED] My PC freezes and makes Growling noise (Installed new SSD)

Sep 22, 2021
I just installed a new SSD (Specifically Samsung Evo 870) in to my system and reinstalled windows onto it (reset). And now I get this problem, it doesn't matter if I am gaming or watching YouTube still happens. If someone knows how to fix this please help!

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. History of heavy gaming use, video editing, or crypto-mining?

Drive(s) - all: make, model, capacity, how full?

SSD's have no moving parts (unlike HDD's) and are unable to make any noise.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some related error code, warning, or possibly an informational event when freezes occur.

Pay close attention and try to discover the exact location/origin of the growling noise. Likely a fan but could be an HDD if any are installed.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. History of heavy gaming use, video editing, or crypto-mining?

Drive(s) - all: make, model, capacity, how full?

SSD's have no moving parts (unlike HDD's) and are unable to make any noise.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some related error code, warning, or possibly an informational event when freezes occur.

Pay close attention and try to discover the exact location/origin of the growling noise. Likely a fan but could be an HDD if any are installed.

Solution