Question My PC freezes and my monitor sends a "No Signal" afterwards

iam480p

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
Good day. To fully explain my situation, I have a problem with my PC where after a certain amount of time using it (usually after an hour), it would freeze with the buzzing sound from my speakers and my monitor would go to a black screen sending a "No Signal". Afterwards, my PC will still continue to run even though the monitor has no image displaying. My fans are spinning normally BUT the RGB on my RAM will also freeze (RGB of my RAM is the continuous one).

After I force the PC to shutdown by pressing the power button then trying to turn it on again immediately, it will not POST immediately. Instead, I will wait for about 30 mins to an hour before turning it on again and it will POST normally but the issue will repeat itself.

Here's the full specs of my PC:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Cooler: Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 AIO
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B450M PRO II
  • Memory: Team Elite Tforce Delta 2x8GB 3200Mhz
  • Storages: 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 240gb (boot drive) & 1 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (game drive)
  • GPU: Asus Dual AMD RX 5600 XT EVO
  • PSU: EVGA 600 GD 80+ Gold
List of the things that I tried:
  • Reseated the RAM, tried it with only 1 stick and on different slots and vice versa
  • Reseated the CPU
  • Reseated the GPU
  • Repasted the GPU
  • Updated the driver of the GPU
  • Stress tested the CPU, GPU and the RAM for 10 mins without issues. (Temps are also within spec)

I don't want to blame Valorant but I only encountered this issue after playing Valorant and I've gotten this issue since even when I'm not playing. (I only started playing the game on the first week of October 2024)

I live in a 3rd world country and parts are hard to come by so I have to be extra sure of what component I should be replacing if there's any. I also don't have any spare parts for troubleshooting.

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: EVGA 600 GD 80+ Gold
How old is this unit? I would try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU that has at last 550W of power at your entire system's disposal and see if the issue persists.

I live in a 3rd world country and parts are hard to come by so I have to be extra sure of what component I should be replacing if there's any. I also don't have any spare parts for troubleshooting.
You might want to understand that troubleshooting requires you to go through a checklist, sometimes you can get lucky by pointing a finger at a part but it can't always be the case.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Updated the driver of the GPU
Please elaborate on how you updated it. Did you use a third party app?

iam480p

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
PSU: EVGA 600 GD 80+ Gold
How old is this unit? I would try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU that has at last 550W of power at your entire system's disposal and see if the issue persists.

You might want to understand that troubleshooting requires you to go through a checklist, sometimes you can get lucky by pointing a finger at a part but it can't always be the case.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Updated the driver of the GPU
Please elaborate on how you updated it. Did you use a third party app?
Hi. Thanks for replying to my thread.

For my PSU, I believe it is 3 years old at this point. I can contact someone if they're willing to let me borrow their PSU. I haven't tested another PSU but I believe this component to be the most likely suspect to the issue.

I believe my BIOS version is at version 3810. I haven't updated it yet since the issue has not happened before.

For my GPU, I uninstalled the old driver by using DDU in safe mode and installing the newest driver at the time when I rebooted to Windows normally.

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Good day. To fully explain my situation, I have a problem with my PC where after a certain amount of time using it (usually after an hour), it would freeze with the buzzing sound from my speakers and my monitor would go to a black screen sending a "No Signal". Afterwards, my PC will still continue to run even though the monitor has no image displaying. My fans are spinning normally BUT the RGB on my RAM will also freeze (RGB of my RAM is the continuous one).

After I force the PC to shutdown by pressing the power button then trying to turn it on again immediately, it will not POST immediately. Instead, I will wait for about 30 mins to an hour before turning it on again and it will POST normally but the issue will repeat itself.

Here's the full specs of my PC:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Cooler: Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 AIO
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B450M PRO II
  • Memory: Team Elite Tforce Delta 2x8GB 3200Mhz
  • Storages: 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 240gb (boot drive) & 1 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (game drive)
  • GPU: Asus Dual AMD RX 5600 XT EVO
  • PSU: EVGA 600 GD 80+ Gold
List of the things that I tried:
  • Reseated the RAM, tried it with only 1 stick and on different slots and vice versa
  • Reseated the CPU
  • Reseated the GPU
  • Repasted the GPU
  • Updated the driver of the GPU
  • Stress tested the CPU, GPU and the RAM for 10 mins without issues. (Temps are also within spec)

I don't want to blame Valorant but I only encountered this issue after playing Valorant and I've gotten this issue since even when I'm not playing. (I only started playing the game on the first week of October 2024)

The fact that the problem appears after the computer has been on for a time, suggests that a temperature problem may be involved. Check the the CPU and GPU temps.