Question My PC is 5m away from the keyboard and monitor. How can one extend Bluetooth?

My PC is 5m away from the keyboard and monitor. How can one extend Bluetooth?
Assuming you're using a Bluetooth 5.0 device and receiver, that's already rated for up to 100m

If you're having problems with devices maintaining a signal at 5m, you likely have a lot of interference at the 2.4Ghz band. There's nothing you can really do about it if this is the case.

Apr 30, 2023
>Assuming you're using a Bluetooth 5.0 device and receiver, that's already rated for up to 100m

I am not using anything. Windows 10 PC in one room and monitor and keyboards in another room. I tried a USB dongle but it does not seem to work.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

If everyone took the time to actually look up information for themselves as well as to confirm they understood and came to a correct conclusion, there would be very little need for forums like this. No one is forcing you to be the one to answer. This type of reply is far less than helpful. Lighten up, Francis.

>Assuming you're using a Bluetooth 5.0 device and receiver, that's already rated for up to 100m

I am not using anything. Windows 10 PC in one room and monitor and keyboards in another room. I tried a USB dongle but it does not seem to work.
It's the same issue. Wireless devices are often in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum.

In addition to @punkncat said about line of sight, metal objects between you and the PC will also be a factor.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It's the same issue. Wireless devices are often in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum.

In addition to @punkncat said about line of sight, metal objects between you and the PC will also be a factor.

Something that helped me in this regard:

In our office we (had) six devices using Bluetooth all in the same room and were having terrible issues with range in spite of PC being right on the desk with devices. I ended up getting a tip to look at my wireless signal bands through an app on my phone for signal strength and overlap. I found that not only my own WiFi, but neighbors were strong enough here on the same band that it was all interfering with one another. I changed the channel and band on my own WiFi as well as to eliminate a couple of the wireless devices back to hard wired.

After that change, my Bluetooth stays connected for some headphones as well as a keyboard almost to the other side of the house now. My living room PC is using one of those wireless Logitech mini keyboards with the touchpad and is about 20' from the TV. So long as I keep the dongle on a short extension cable and in direct line of sight I can not only use the keyboard without errors, but also use an Xbox controller without losing sync.

Apr 30, 2023
Something that helped me in this regard:

In our office we (had) six devices using Bluetooth all in the same room and were having terrible issues with range in spite of PC being right on the desk with devices. I ended up getting a tip to look at my wireless signal bands through an app on my phone for signal strength and overlap. I found that not only my own WiFi, but neighbors were strong enough here on the same band that it was all interfering with one another. I changed the channel and band on my own WiFi as well as to eliminate a couple of the wireless devices back to hard wired.

After that change, my Bluetooth stays connected for some headphones as well as a keyboard almost to the other side of the house now. My living room PC is using one of those wireless Logitech mini keyboards with the touchpad and is about 20' from the TV. So long as I keep the dongle on a short extension cable and in direct line of sight I can not only use the keyboard without errors, but also use an Xbox controller without losing sync.
>ended up getting a tip to look at my wireless signal bands through an app on my phone for signal strength and overlap.

Would you explain how do you do this?