[SOLVED] My PC is articfacting and bluescreening.

Cynerious

Prominent
Jun 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have a PC that has artifacts all the time. It happens as soon as I boot. Happens before asking if I want to go into BIOS, happens in BIOS, happens on startup and in windows. It doesnt go off. task manager doesnt pick up my GPU but it works. This all happened randomly when I was playing Valorant and my PC crashed. I have tried installing GPU drivers with clean install. I have tried going back on restore point. There
IMG_20220123_032655.jpg
are pics attached to show whats happening. I now cant get to
IMG_20220123_035018.jpg
IMG_20220123_002924.jpg
IMG_20220123_004839.jpg

Cynerious

Prominent
Jun 29, 2020
I7 8700k
Asus ROG strix z390-f Gaming
DDR4 24gb Corsair some type of ram
Zotac founders edtion GTX 1080
600W power supply (bronze rated)
480gb Sandisk SSD (boot drive)
1TB HDD havent a clue
1tb SSD samsung evo something

I have fixed the artifact issue so the screen no longer looks like that but its now stuck in a loop of the BSOD. Try to boot into windows but straight away before even logging in, BSOD is there and PC crashes. Try to boot in safe mode but does the same. Tried restore but didnt work. Unable to factory reset because it says there was a problem for both keep files and not.

most times gpu that do that have a bad memory chip on the card or a failed part. if you can boot into safe mode and it does not lock up or can boot from a windows installer usb stick that running standard vga driver and not using the nvidia driver yet it tell you if it your card that the issue. if your rig has an ipgpu built into the cpu then pull the gpu if you can post and boot into windows then your looking at a bad gpu. if you have a friend that has a spare gpu or rig you can pop your card in to see if the error follows the gpu.

Jan 23, 2022
most times gpu that do that have a bad memory chip on the card or a failed part. if you can boot into safe mode and it does not lock up or can boot from a windows installer usb stick that running standard vga driver and not using the nvidia driver yet it tell you if it your card that the issue. if your rig has an ipgpu built into the cpu then pull the gpu if you can post and boot into windows then your looking at a bad gpu. if you have a friend that has a spare gpu or rig you can pop your card in to see if the error follows the gpu.
So i am the owner of this issue and im on my laptop at the moment. basically we took the GPU out to see if it booted before and it boots but it is soft locked so that it can't even get into safe mode without blue screening we are going to try getting a USB and making a backup and see if i can boot on to it
it doesnt even let me factory reset my drive

i can't tell you off the top of my head i just know its a good 600W power supply
You can very easily open the side of your case and look at the sticker on the side of the PSU. You can also check the box the PSU came in, the invoice of purchase or even ask the store you bought it from.
Plenty of options, none of those asking you to tell us off the top of your head.

It is crucial to know which exact PSU.

Jan 23, 2022
You can very easily open the side of your case and look at the sticker on the side of the PSU. You can also check the box the PSU came in, the invoice of purchase or even ask the store you bought it from.
Plenty of options, none of those asking you to tell us off the top of your head.

It is crucial to know which exact PSU.
im out at the moment so i can't check sorry i should have said that in the first reply

TRENDING THREADS