Question My PC is heavily underperforming but I cant figure out why?

Nosphere

Reputable
Feb 7, 2021
Hey

Recently I upgraded from an 7900XTX to a Gigabyte 4090 and I feel like I'm struggling here...
I can't get good frames and I feel like I have something misconfigured...
I really don't know If it could be a RAM issue or If I should switch to a more beefy motherboard but I'm down to test any suggestions.
The reason I'm posting this is because I saw some benchmark videos of this GPU on "the finals" on 1440P low settings and its got over 300fps without frame generation.
video in question
I'm curious what am I doing wrong here.

Full specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 9 7950X with ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360
  • Gigabyte RTX 4090 WINDFORCE 24G
  • RAM Kingston 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL36
  • MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI
  • intel p660 ssd plus a few other HDDs and SSDs
I'll attach some footage of my "The Finals" Gameplay recorded with OBS and no it didn't cut performance I tested and I saw no difference in number while I wasn't recording.
I'm desperate for a fix because I spent a lot of money on this PC and its not doing what its supposed to do unfortunately.

after removing the AMD RX did you run DDU in Windows Safe Mode to remove all traces of drivers/graphical data and then install the latest Nvidia driver package?
you don't want any AMD driver or other data left behind.

and have you tried reinstalling the game?
game's stored compiled shader data can be different between AMD & Nvidia cards.

Nosphere

Reputable
Feb 7, 2021
after removing the AMD RX did you run DDU in Windows Safe Mode to remove all traces of drivers/graphical data and then install the latest Nvidia driver package?
you don't want any AMD driver or other data left behind.

and have you tried reinstalling the game?
game's stored compiled shader data can be different between AMD & Nvidia cards.
I did do all the above mentioned yes!

Could a fresh windows install work?
Is there any difference between Win11/win10?
(Im on win10)

I also have HPET disabled, GPU ACCEL disabled, XBOX GameBar disabled and Resize BAR and XMP enabled!