Question My PC is not looking to good HELP! please...

Aug 18, 2021
So this problem has been happening for the past couple weeks now. My initial problem was that every time I started my PC it would get stuck on the BIOS splash screen, you know the screen when you first bootup anyways, I tried multiple things like unplugging every thing, even fixing the CMOS battery and still nothing! So I came to the conclusion that windows was the problem, so I got Windows 10 OEM on a flash drive entered BIOS and tried to figure out how to get it to the number one boot priority, so far smooth. But this is where I think it gets very bad! After configuring the boot priority and restarting my PC I saw a screen I have never seen before. "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" I know what you thinking "Oh! 'CTRL ALT DEL.' Or enter BIOS." The problem is my keyboard will not register now! So I can't "press a key" or enter BIOS. I've tried using three keyboards and different USB slots, but still NO! Someone with a brain bigger than mine please help I'm just trying to get my computer to work before school and of course dibble dabble in some rust. PLEASE HELP!

So this problem has been happening for the past couple weeks now. My initial problem was that every time I started my PC it would get stuck on the BIOS splash screen, you know the screen when you first bootup anyways, I tried multiple things like unplugging every thing, even fixing the CMOS battery and still nothing! So I came to the conclusion that windows was the problem, so I got Windows 10 OEM on a flash drive entered BIOS and tried to figure out how to get it to the number one boot priority, so far smooth. But this is where I think it gets very bad! After configuring the boot priority and restarting my PC I saw a screen I have never seen before. "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" I know what you thinking "Oh! 'CTRL ALT DEL.' Or enter BIOS." The problem is my keyboard will not register now! So I can't "press a key" or enter BIOS. I've tried using three keyboards and different USB slots, but still NO! Someone with a brain bigger than mine please help I'm just trying to get my computer to work before school and of course dibble dabble in some rust. PLEASE HELP!
I would reset CMOS/BIOS first.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Parts list?

Aug 18, 2021
Motherboard and power supply model?
Also what keyboard and have you tried a different port for it?
Keyboard into USB 3.0 or 2.0 slot?
EDIT is your keyboard lighting up or at least the number lock light on?
The power supply is a CORSAIR 850w. The mother board is a MSI BAZOOKA H370M / B360M. I've tried every USB spot on two key keyboards one keyboard will light up and the other one will not.

Aug 18, 2021
Motherboard and power supply model?
Also what keyboard and have you tried a different port for it?
Keyboard into USB 3.0 or 2.0 slot?
EDIT is your keyboard lighting up or at least the number lock light on?
I managed to get into BIOS and changed back to a boot order that works, but I am still having the same problem with getting stuck on the BIOS splash screen. I think I have to reinstall windows, but I am not sure how to do that?

Last edited: