[SOLVED] My pc is not using his full potential

Aug 17, 2019
Well when i first bought my pc everything was oke.I could play all games on high or ultra setting.So basically i play a lot of Battlefield5 and i could play it on ultra 60 fps(with 8gm ram).Some time passed and my fps started falling to that limit that i couldnt play on low setting 60fps. So i upgraded 4gb more.And i could play on ultra setting with 60fps. Everything was good until my friend with same specs but with 16gb ram told me that he is playing in 90fps. And yea now it again started to drop on 40fps on ultra setting.So what could be problem?

My pc specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz
RAM: 3x4gb 3200mhz
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
Motherboard: B450M Bazooka

Solution
Even adding the exact same make and model can have issues and yes I have had this first hand. RAM is only guaranteed in the kit it is sold. The closer the specifications the less likely you will have issues but the best option is sell what you have and buy a 2x8gb or 4x4gb kit.

25toLife

Reputable
Jul 19, 2016
Well when i first bought my pc everything was oke.I could play all games on high or ultra setting.So basically i play a lot of Battlefield5 and i could play it on ultra 60 fps(with 8gm ram).Some time passed and my fps started falling to that limit that i couldnt play on low setting 60fps. So i upgraded 4gb more.And i could play on ultra setting with 60fps. Everything was good until my friend with same specs but with 16gb ram told me that he is playing in 90fps. And yea now it again started to drop on 40fps on ultra setting.So what could be problem?

My pc specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz
RAM: 3x4gb 3200mhz
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
Motherboard: B450M Bazooka
Could be some malware eating your processing power that could cause the game to drop its fps. Have you scanned your system for any viable threats?

Running 3x4GB will force you into single channel memory mode which will make the game even worse. So you need to either go back to 2 modules or get another 4GB. You should also check to see your modules are running the correct speed in bios. Your fps in BF5 will drop if you are running slow ram or single channel mode or even incorrect timings. Also you should check CPU temps when idle and while playing to see if you are overheating.

When I played the Battlefield 5 beta I got up to 80-85fps at 1080p and I think around 65average fps on my i7 2600k, 16GB DDR3 1600 and GTX 1070. Changing graphics settings won't actually increase performance as BF5 is far more CPU bound than graphics once you get to at GTX 1060/RX 580 and run under 4k resolution.

1070 is power hungry. what your PSU brand and model?
The 1070 uses 160-170 watts, so a 500-600 watt psu would work fine. Total system power draw would be somewhere around 350-375watts during gameplay with a Ryzen 5 2600 at stock speed.

Aug 17, 2019
Running 3x4GB will force you into single channel memory mode which will make the game even worse. So you need to either go back to 2 modules or get another 4GB. You should also check to see your modules are running the correct speed in bios. Your fps in BF5 will drop if you are running slow ram or single channel mode or even incorrect timings. Also you should check CPU temps when idle and while playing to see if you are overheating.

When I played the Battlefield 5 beta I got up to 80-85fps at 1080p and I think around 65average fps on my i7 2600k, 16GB DDR3 1600 and GTX 1070. Changing graphics settings won't actually increase performance as BF5 is far more CPU bound than graphics once you get to at GTX 1060/RX 580 and run under 4k resolution.

The 1070 uses 160-170 watts, so a 500-600 watt psu would work fine. Total system power draw would be somewhere around 350-375watts during gameplay with a Ryzen 5 2600 at stock speed.
Oke so i am planning to add 2 more rams that are 4gb, but i have 2 questions.
1.My ram is now CL16 and ram that i want to buy is CL15. So will that make any problem?
2.Second question is my ram currently is on 3200mhz and the ram i want to buy is 2666mhz.I know you can overclock it but i heard that ram can melt or something. So if i want to overclock it can i at least put it on 2933mhz.

Ram that i want to buy is KingstoneHyperX Fury 2666mhz 2x4gb

bfcallan

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Its always advised to buy the same memory. Your faster 3200mhz ram will slow down to 2666mhz. Not a huge issue but, not the best. There can also be issues with mixing brands but, usually that isn't a problem.

Even adding the exact same make and model can have issues and yes I have had this first hand. RAM is only guaranteed in the kit it is sold. The closer the specifications the less likely you will have issues but the best option is sell what you have and buy a 2x8gb or 4x4gb kit.

Solution
Mixing modules isnt as bad as it used to be 12-15 years ago. These days you can get a 2x4 and a 2x8 of different brands and different timings and they will work at the slowest speed and highest timings of the lower end kit. I've even mixed 4 different modules from 4 different brands and speeds because it was all i had on hand for the job. There are a ton of different brands all using the same memory chips as well.