Question My PC is seriously underperforming - Please Help

Mar 29, 2022
So I have the AMD Radeon RX 6700XT GPU, i7-9700F CPU and 24g of RAM
here is my benchmark performance > https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51570728

MY PC according to benchmark is performing below expectations (21st percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 79 performed better.

With these parts I should be getting really good FPS in games yet My average in most games like BF1, BFV, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is 15FPS and below making it unplayable.

I have tried virtually everything.. Making sure that all settings are in high power mode, making sure nothing that isn't supposed to is running in the background, doing a DDU clean of the drive and reinstalling it.

Please help... I've spent a good amount of money on this PC and it's stressful that some gaming laptops that cost as much as my GPU alone are getting five times more FPS than I am.

Userbenchmark.com is probably the WORST site you can use for benchmarking. In fact, none of those sites are in any way accurate. How many of those other machines are heavily tweaked to maximize the results? (Think "Mine's bigger than yours"). If your system does what you built it to do then don't worry about how it compares to someone elses system.

Mar 29, 2022
Userbenchmark.com is probably the WORST site you can use for benchmarking. In fact, none of those sites are in any way accurate. How many of those other machines are heavily tweaked to maximize the results? (Think "Mine's bigger than yours"). If your system does what you built it to do then don't worry about how it compares to someone elses system.
As I stated in the post, I am getting 15FPS and lower in games making competitive shooters unplayable. It's not just benchmark telling me, my PC really does have an issue lol

But it does show the CPU operating well under even base clock and that the OP has 3 probably random sticks of RAM operating at a low frequency.

So I have the AMD Radeon RX 6700XT GPU, i7-9700F CPU and 24g of RAM
here is my benchmark performance > https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51570728

MY PC according to benchmark is performing below expectations (21st percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 79 performed better.

With these parts I should be getting really good FPS in games yet My average in most games like BF1, BFV, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is 15FPS and below making it unplayable.

I have tried virtually everything.. Making sure that all settings are in high power mode, making sure nothing that isn't supposed to is running in the background, doing a DDU clean of the drive and reinstalling it.

Please help... I've spent a good amount of money on this PC and it's stressful that some gaming laptops that cost as much as my GPU alone are getting five times more FPS than I am.
What's up with your RAM? Do you have a matched set among the 3? If so, remove the odd one and install the pair in slots a2-b2.

Next is your CPU. It's not even operating at bSe clocks. What cooler do you have?

100C will bring CPU clock speed down to as low as 800 MHz...; I' first check to see if the fan on said coler is actually spnning, and, see that it is firmly locked down all four corners to CPU/mainboard...

The 9700F is a 65W CPU, and, although the factory cooler may not suffice for sustained Prime95 and/or Blender/Cinebench-like loads, one certainly should not see 100C while observing settings within the BIOS...

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022
100C will bring CPU clock speed down to as low as 800 MHz...; I' first check to see if the fan on said coler is actually spnning, and, see that it is firmly locked down all four corners to CPU/mainboard...

The 9700F is a 65W CPU, and, although the factory cooler may not suffice for sustained Prime95 and/or Blender/Cinebench-like loads, one certainly should not see 100C while observing settings within the BIOS...

Could you possibly provide a cooler that would be good for my CPU that I can buy?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you so much. Just purchased it.

I will keep you all posted. My new RAM and Cooler should arrive by tomorrow... I always thought 100c was normal for CPU,haha

But yeah, I will keep you all posted to see if the problem fixes.
Under full load like a stress test under 90C and more in the 85C area would be more like it.

EDIT for gaming in most games more like 80C or a bit less depending on the game. Your throttling down to like 2.4GHZ so if it was not doing that you would of already fried your processor.