[SOLVED] My PC isn't turning on all of a sudden

Jun 4, 2021
Hello.
My PC was working fine yesterday night, today in the morning when I tried to turn it on, it isn't.

The casing fans turn on and the GPU lights are on but the power button lights (lights around the power button) is not on, the processor fan isn't running. There's a red light on the motherboard which is on.
The monitor turns on for a second and it's blank later, no lights on the keyboard. Mouse lights are on. If I hold the power button, the PC doesn't turn off.

I removed the ram and inserted it in another slot. I removed the CMOS battery and put it back in. No luck. The PSU fans turn on when I press the power button and turn off after a few seconds. I don't know if it should be doing that.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB 350 gaming 3
Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR4
SSD/HDD: Seagate HDD 1TB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 EVGA FTW2
PSU: Corsair RM 650X
Chassis: NZXT S340 Elite

I've been using the PC for 3-4 years.

Can anyone please help me?

Last edited:
Solution
You should breadboard the system with only bare minimum components; boot drive, one stick of ram(slot 1 or 2, per your motherboard manual) and the discrete GPU. See if you get the system to boot. If that doesn't work, you will need to source a donor PSU from your friend or neighbor who has a 650W reliably built unit akin to the Corsair to rule our a faulty/failing PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your system's specs. Please pass them on like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Assuming that the PSU might've been used or is recycled, include the age of the unit. If it's brand new, a simple make and model of the unit will suffice.

Reactions: TheCrookedHitbox
Jun 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your system's specs. Please pass them on like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Assuming that the PSU might've been used or is recycled, include the age of the unit. If it's brand new, a simple make and model of the unit will suffice.
My bad and done.

Lutfij

Titan
You should breadboard the system with only bare minimum components; boot drive, one stick of ram(slot 1 or 2, per your motherboard manual) and the discrete GPU. See if you get the system to boot. If that doesn't work, you will need to source a donor PSU from your friend or neighbor who has a 650W reliably built unit akin to the Corsair to rule our a faulty/failing PSU.

Solution