[SOLVED] My pc keeps crashing at random intervals when playing games (desperate)

Oct 26, 2019
I play alot of games on my pc and have never encountered this before. It does not happen outside of games and i have never had this issue before

When i am playing games i can play for between 2-20 minutes before my pc crashes or it freezes and i manually have to hold down the power button.

MSI afterburner tells me that it is not heat and my CPU, RAM, disk, GPU have not been over 70% usage when it crashed

please help im deperate i have been trying to fix this <Mod Edit> for 13 hours and it just wont help i am desperate for anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Every PSU was fine the previous day..up until it failed, or, began to. (some can brown out under load, leading to your symptoms)

Or, the GPU could be failing....try another...

Drop down to 2 sticks of RAM, and retest for stability...; if no change, try the other pair....

If your CPU is not overclocked, what are it's temps under load? A 10 minute run of Prime95/small FFTs (no AVX2) will give you the worst reading you'd ever see, easily 10-13C above typical gaming temps)
Oct 26, 2019
Wait , first try older GPU drivers. the game could of changed and the current driver may cause it to crash. so first try rolling back to older gpu drivers.
First thing you always do when your comp crashes in games, the first root is your gpu , so target the drivers . use older drivers, or try the latest driver.