[SOLVED] My pc keeps crashing when i start games or try to play in vr

Jan 19, 2021
My pc crashes when i try to play games and i have already changed my memory and have sent my computer to repair twice. It doesnt even show a blue screen of death, it just turns the screen black and reboots.
My specs: Its a Lenovo Y900-34ISZ
Intel i7 7700k
GTX 1080 8GB vram
24 gb of ram
2tb hdd
240gb ssd

When i check task manager when its about to crash my cpu is like 20% and gpu is 20% or 30%

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the PC/Game crashes.

=========

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Jan 19, 2021
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the PC/Game crashes.

=========

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.
The reliability and event viewer dont show any meaningful information
PSU: 80+ bronze FS8003 ACBEL

Jan 19, 2021
625 Watts - correct?

Reference:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AcBel-Power-Supply-FS8003-625W-41A9758-/203156835252

Without knowing much more regarding age and condition, my thought is that the PSU is in the early stages of failure.

The PSU may simply be unable to provide the steady power levels necessary for game play.
yeah i wanted to guess that cause the pc is about 4 years old and its like 615W. Should i just buy a new PSU. If yes, then what psu should i buy?