[SOLVED] My PC refuses to boot out of the BIOS and into Windows :(

Apr 9, 2020
Hello,
about 2 weeks ago I noticed my SSD was running out of storage so I decide to move things over to my hard drive.
So, I wiped my hard drive clean, but kept putting off moving anything over to my hard drive.
A couple of days after I wiped it, I shut down my pc, and when I went to turn it back on the day after, it booted directly into the BIOS. I tried changing some settings in the BIOS like quiet boot, fast boot, but nothing.
Every time I saved settings and restarted it would bring me right back into the BIOS.
So I went through my normal checklist, check boot order, remove all extremities, test, remove GPU, test, remove SSD, test, remove hard drive, test...
Although nothing seemed to work, so eventually I tried reinstalling Windows (10 Home), I was able to get to the purple screen where you have the option to download windows or troubleshoot your PC, I've tried all the options multiple times, yet none seem to do anything. :/
I'd appreciate any help you all could give me, thanks guys!

MTHB: NZXT N7 Z370
CPU: Intel i5-8400
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070Ti
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB (windows and majority of files/games)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (videos)
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold
If you need anymore info, I'll try to accommodate.

I've been planning on upgrading my PC anyway, so if it's beyond repair, just let me know.

Solution
Hi! I've figured out what my problem was and have been able to find a fix.
The problem was, was that I had accidentally deleted my bootable drive/volume.

So to fix this you need to have to plug in a windows download USB, set it as the first thing in the boot order and boot.
It should come to a purple screen and a window that asks what language you want, set your preferred settings and click "Next"
Next, it should come to a screen that says "Install Windows" and "Repair your computer" in the bottom left corner.
Click on "Repair your computer" and it should take you to a blue screen with some options, click "Troubleshoot"
From there click on "Command Prompt" and it should open up a command prompt window.
Now enter these commands...

Guardianc17

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
I might have misinterpreted what you wrote, but did you try booting into Windows with just the SSD?(disconnecting the HDD and changing the boot settings back to default)
You mentioned that you got to purple screen when you tried reinstalling windows. Were you able to complete the installation?
I have a couple of suggestions of things I would try if I were in your situation. Make sure to back up your data if possible.

1. Perhaps your SSD might be malfunctioning. If your hard drive has nothing on it and has been formatted, you could disconnect your SSD and do a clean Windows install on your hard drive. In this case don't change anything in your BIOS settings. Or alternatively, try setting all your boot options to default. It might be slow, but if this fixes your problem, then it might have been a bad SSD.

2. You can clear the CMOS on your motherboard and try booting your PC using only your SSD. If you have some error in your BIOS that you may not know about it, this will get rid of it. You might run into some blue screen errors until both your Bios and Windows are updated/compatible, but it should still let you boot into the windows. Built a PC a while back that would have issues booting into windows, waking up from sleep, and would get blue screens because the BIOS it came with was a bit too old for the version of windows I had made on my USB boot drive.

I wish you the best of luck, it sucks having PC issues and not really knowing what to do. If you're in the process of building a new PC, that's awesome and hope your new build suits you well!

Apr 9, 2020
Did you have Windows on the HDD, then install on the SSD? If so the boot partition was still on the HDD. You may have wiped it out.
That is why you always have just the drive you want to be C: connected when you install windows.
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..... I did. Is there anyway to fix this that you know of?

Apr 9, 2020
Hi! I've figured out what my problem was and have been able to find a fix.
The problem was, was that I had accidentally deleted my bootable drive/volume.

So to fix this you need to have to plug in a windows download USB, set it as the first thing in the boot order and boot.
It should come to a purple screen and a window that asks what language you want, set your preferred settings and click "Next"
Next, it should come to a screen that says "Install Windows" and "Repair your computer" in the bottom left corner.
Click on "Repair your computer" and it should take you to a blue screen with some options, click "Troubleshoot"
From there click on "Command Prompt" and it should open up a command prompt window.
Now enter these commands:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /fixmbr
The operation completed successfully.

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /fixboot
The operation completed successfully.

X:\windows\system32>bootrec /rebuildbcd
Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

Please wait, this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: <however many Windows installations you have on your drives>
[1] C:/Windows
Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y) /No(N) /All(A):

PUT IN "Y" OR "A" following the question above^

Now, exit the Command Prompt and Restart your computer.
This should have fixed it, if you are having problems, reply to this comment and if this comment is not extremely old, I might respond and lend some help. :)

Solution