Question My PC shuts down after launching certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2021
First ill tell when i first noticed the issue.
First time was when i installed CORE Games because i was curious.Then after double clicking the icon on desktop the Core games started and imedeately after starting up my pc shut down and started booting up few seconds later,i just ignored this and tried it a few times and still same result.I didnt bother too much bc other games worked just fine on highest settings like GTA V,Valorant,CSGO etc.Now i downloaded splitgate and i launch the game wait for the game to log in and it launched and 1s later my pc shut down and booted up by itself few seconds later.I assume that this only occurs with games made by unreal engine bc core games and splitgate are both made in unreal engine.One game did the same,it was made in unity but the dev that made it didnt put an fps limiter so i got 1000+ fps and my pc overheated and shutdown but i just used an fps limiter software next time and it never crashed again.How do i fix this pls help

Jul 30, 2021
There,even if it is psu is there any way to decrease the load on psu,like lowering the resolution or limithing the psu usage with some software.
Only things i have connected to my pc are:rgb mouse and headset,a keyboard,and a monitor(i used a tv so i can watch movies and i just left it i didnt disconnect it.It has 1360x765 resolution maybe its bc of the size of it,its like 35-45inch,its plugged in thru hdmi,but the power cable is directly to the power outlet)there,i named all things i have on my pc so even if its psu can i imit the load on it?pls help

Jul 30, 2021
was this a prebuild hp and you upgrade the gpu?
should be able to control the power with amd driver software
No i didnt want to waste money on parts because im clumsy and i would break stuff or bend the cpu pins so i bought prebuilt one.So yeah this is prebuilt and no i didnt change or uprgrade the gpu.And if i control or "limit" the load on psu with that amd driver software youre talking about,will the pc shutdowns stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.