Question My pc takes too much time to log in

Aiden178

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
Hello,
so im having this problem for a long time, whenever i turn on the pc, its takes between 5-10 minutes until the desktop shows up..
I have samsung m2 ssd, with a regular ssd didnt had such a problem..
the c drive is completely free besides the windows.
also, the m2 is pretty much new bought it 1 year ago and have that problem from at least half a year ago.
what can cause this to happen? i can format it but dont want to. is it just defective?

here is speccy profile if you need: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RNnOKEJZtSg2qoDcdOewCmw

Aiden178

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
is the os on the ssd? test with disconnecting other storage
latest motherboard bios?
test in safe mode?
well recently i did test by chance by disconnecting the other ssd and hdd and nothing changed.
the os is on the m.2
dont know about the bios and never checked on safe mode..

Perform a clean boot via msconfig (System Configuration) and test. If you notice a difference, it's likely something installed is starting when Windows does and is making it take a long time to initially boot up.

Reactions: Order 66

Aiden178

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
Perform a clean boot via msconfig (System Configuration) and test. If you notice a difference, it's likely something installed is starting when Windows does and is making it take a long time to initially boot up.
just did that and nothing changed..

Aiden178

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
how full is the ssd?
malware scan the system?
what the ram usage?
not full at all, only has the os installed to the m.2
ram usage 15% with chrome open.
i only got the windows antivirus, dont have any problem there if thats what you mean

View: https://imgur.com/a/qvfRDvX

thats what it get stuck on for long time before i see the windows
thats the spinning circle...try clean those system restore points, they slown down boot if too many there

if it will be still slow after cleaning it, then you should use windows performance recorder to record in logs what its doing as theres no other way to tell whats windows doing

here is guide on how to use wpr to get boot trace

wpr can be downloaded from windows ADK

trace can be analysed with windows performance analyzer, in case alayzer from ADK fails to load trace, there is another on microsoft store

side note: boot trace will record your login, so if you dont have local account, create one and dont use online ms account during recording

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS