Aug 4, 2021
My specs:
CPU: Amd ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: Asus tuf 1660super
motherboard: old: msi b450 gaming pro carbon max wifi, new: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AM4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 2x8gb
PSU:Seasonic FOCUS GX-550 gold

Hey! As I played csgo for 5 minutes suddenly my computer shuts down. I tried to start it, but nothing happens. I decided to test the power supply. The power supply came with a tester with which it can be tested. After testing, everything worked. I thought the problem might be the start button. I tried booting the computer with sw power, but that didn't work either. I tried booting without a video card, but that didn't work either. So nothing even starts spinning. There are lights on the videocard. I came to the conclusion that the motherboard is broken.
I took it under warranty and got the money right away. I bought a new motherboard to test the functionality. I tried to turn it on, but that didn't work either. Now I have in mind again that the power supply is broken. What do you think? I need help.

My specs:
motherboard: old: msi b450 gaming pro carbon max wifi, new: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX AM4

Hey! As I played csgo for 5 minutes suddenly my computer shuts down. I tried to start it, but nothing happens. I decided to test the power supply. The power supply came with a tester with which it can be tested. After testing, everything worked. I thought the problem might be the start button. I tried booting the computer with sw power, but that didn't work either. I tried booting without a video card, but that didn't work either. So nothing even starts spinning. There are lights on the videocard. I came to the conclusion that the motherboard is broken.
I took it under warranty and got the money right away. I bought a new motherboard to test the functionality. I tried to turn it on, but that didn't work either. Now I have in mind again that the power supply is broken. What do you think? I need help.
Your main culprit is the PSU, even though it is a quality unit, it has most likely failed

a test puts an almost nonexistant load on your psu, so it can give a false flag

try to source a different psu to test your pc with

Reactions: senopilesos
Aug 4, 2021
Your main culprit is the PSU, even though it is a quality unit, it has most likely failed

a test puts an almost nonexistant load on your psu, so it can give a false flag

try to source a different psu to test your pc with
Thank you for your answer. I'm going to buy a new power supply. If it works I will take the old warranty. I’m really surprised how a quality power supply can go broken in a year.

Aug 4, 2021
[QUOTE = "Quanticriver, post: 22410349, member: 2332238"]
Я бы постарался не покупать один, мы еще не уверены на 100%

может получить от друга? или, по крайней мере, место, которое действительно возвращается
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Срок возврата - месяц.

Aug 4, 2021
[QUOTE = "Quanticriver, viesti: 22410392, jäsen: 2332238"]
yritä saada kausiluonteinen tai korsaari:)
bequiet tai coolermaster ovat toiseksi paras valinta tässä järjestyksessä (mielestäni)

Teknisten tietojen perusteella tavoitteenani ei ole alempi kuin 600 W, tämän pitäisi antaa sinulle hieman pääntilaa, mikä on parempi
[/LAINATA]
I will buy that https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/pro...rLiy9W93g9WMIN5HJT99ciMaMvjuzZbfuFixC4sZbkJHx . But anyway thanks for your help.

[QUOTE = "Quanticriver, viesti: 22410392, jäsen: 2332238"]
yritä saada kausiluonteinen tai korsaari:)
bequiet tai coolermaster ovat toiseksi paras valinta tässä järjestyksessä (mielestäni)

Teknisten tietojen perusteella tavoitteenani ei ole alempi kuin 600 W, tämän pitäisi antaa sinulle hieman pääntilaa, mikä on parempi
[/LAINATA]
I will buy that https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/pro...rLiy9W93g9WMIN5HJT99ciMaMvjuzZbfuFixC4sZbkJHx . But anyway thanks for your help.
yep mr suomi, that's a good one perkele

Aug 4, 2021
My specs:

I took it under warranty and got the money right away. I bought a new motherboard to test the functionality. I tried to turn it on, but that didn't work either. Now I have in mind again that the power supply is broken. I bought a new power supply, but after that the computer did not turn on again. I don't know where there may be a problem. Ideas?

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Have you tested the PSU on different PCs? And did you check on the circuitry concerning the power supply as well as the video graphics?

Last edited: