CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB NVME, Sabrent Rocket 2 TB NVME
Video Card: Asus ROG Strix OC 2080 Ti
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower
PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 850 W Fully Modular ATX
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR 31.5" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Beginning in March my PC failed to POST and it would stay that way throughout April. When I pressed the power button this happened.
  1. All fans and LEDs turn on.
  2. Monitor says "No Signal" and displays nothing.
  3. The debug LED code on the motherboard stops at 90 (Phase transfer to BDS from DXE). One time it stopped on 63 (CPU DXE initialization is started).
  4. VGA LED on mobo is lit.
  5. Stays that way.
I finally started to troubleshoot it during May and here's what I did.
  • Triple-checked that all cables were properly seated and switches flipped on
  • Reseated the video card, RAM, and SSDs about 5 times
  • Tried booting with one stick of RAM at a time
  • Reseated the CPU and CPU cooler
  • Rebuilt the entire PC
  • Resetting the CMOS
  • Switching out the PSU cables
What I haven't done myself was replacing components with known working ones, since I have none available. That's why I brought it into a local repair shop. They ran a diagnostic and said that the motherboard was likely the culprit. So, I RMA'd the mobo as it was recommended and here we are about 3-4 weeks later. The only thing fixed was the broken heatsink screw, but I'm still having the same problem. The Gigabyte RMA website says that they found no problems after tests with multiple configurations. If it isn't the motherboard then what else could it be? The CPU could be considered, but I hear it's rare for it to fail. I'm running out of ideas.

Last edited:

Homeless1

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
they test motherboard or gpu if they did not test system with another gpu you could not know if it is good or not see if a friend could lend you a gpu for test even a old one .
They did exactly that. They took a known working GPU and switched mine out. Still the same result and it didn't POST.

Homeless1

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
During building and handling of components - have you taken all possible measurements to prevent any esd damages ?
Well, when I first built the thing I had the PSU plugged in and touched it often. Yes, I know I should have spent the money on an anti-static band. After that I just touched metal parts of the case or anything else to dissipate static. Does that even work? I found that suggestion on this site.