[SOLVED] My PC won't turn on after the blackout

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
There was recently a storm, so we had to prepare everything that uses power. That was about 20 hours ago. Tonight, I tried to turn my PC on and it won't turn on. The power flickers (my led coolers were flickering) and I tried turning it on and off, it keeps on doing the same thing. I turned the PSU off the second time and when I switched it on the second time, the PC won't turn on anymore. Is my PC completely broken? I've only had this PC for 14 months.

Solution
It was unplugged, even the extension was unplugged. The PSU was turned off.

If it was not plugged into the wall then nothing from that could cause an issue. Unplug the PSU from the motherboard, remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button in for about 30 seconds to reset the motherboard. Plug in the PSU and the wall power but don't turn it on for several hours. In a few hours try to turn it on.
There was recently a storm, so we had to prepare everything that uses power. That was about 20 hours ago. Tonight, I tried to turn my PC on and it won't turn on. The power flickers (my led coolers were flickering) and I tried turning it on and off, it keeps on doing the same thing. I turned the PSU off the second time and when I switched it on the second time, the PC won't turn on anymore. Is my PC completely broken? I've only had this PC for 14 months.
I would first suspect the power supply. I would swap another one in and try it.
If it still doesn't boot up.....I would then suspect the motherboard.
With a power outage....those two components are very susceptible to damage.

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
I would first suspect the power supply. I would swap another one in and try it.
If it still doesn't boot up.....I would then suspect the motherboard.
With a power outage....those two components are very susceptible to damage.
I am also suspecting the PSU, since I could still see the white RAM light on my motherboard.

Nov 12, 2020
Do you have a power supply tester? What type of power supply are you using, modular or non-modular? Do you smell any burning? What are your computer specs? Can you give me info?

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
Do you have a power supply tester? What type of power supply are you using, modular or non-modular? Do you smell any burning? What are your computer specs? Can you give me info?
Hello, I do not have any power supply tester. My power supply is Seasonic M12II EVO 520 BRONZE 520Watts 80+ Full Modular PSU. There's no burning at all, it's as if the computer wont turn on because there isn't enough power (cooler fams and motherboard seems to be working well).

It was unplugged, even the extension was unplugged. The PSU was turned off.

If it was not plugged into the wall then nothing from that could cause an issue. Unplug the PSU from the motherboard, remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button in for about 30 seconds to reset the motherboard. Plug in the PSU and the wall power but don't turn it on for several hours. In a few hours try to turn it on.

Solution

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
UPDATE:
My PSU seemed to have failed even if it was only 14 months old. I just got a new one today and everything is back as it was. Thank you for all the help suggestions!

TRENDING THREADS