[SOLVED] My PC won't turn on again.

Jul 15, 2019
I left the PC and went out after random use, when I came back it was in sleep mode. I tried to turn it on by moving the mouse but it started for about 5 seconds and went to sleep again.
(This has been happening, sometimes it becomes difficult to wake the PC from sleep so I usually shut it down by the power button or PSU)
So as it went to sleep again, I shut it down straight from the wall. But when I tried to turn it on again, nothing happens. The CPU, GPU and PSU fans just shake once and nothing happens ( the fans dont even move for a second, they just try to move and stop when I press the power button.)
The power led also blink once and stops. Now the PC doesn't turn on. I don't know if it's the power supply or my motherboard. It's been 12 hours now but nothing good has happened.

The only unusual thing that happened before this is that my game(FIFA 19) froze twice with 30 mins interval.
Also for about a month now, there has been a tiny rattling sound coming from the PC, I couldn't identify the exact place it was coming from. But I guessed it was coming from the PSU cus there were some dust in its fan.

Specs:
CPU: i5 4590
Motherboard: Foxconn H81MXV 2.0
RAM: 8GB (4GB 1333, 4GB 1600)
HDD: 750GB (500GB, 250GB)
GPU: GTX 650Ti
PSU: Unbranded ( 500W, I'm not sure)
Chase: HP ENVY.

Last edited:
Solution
Lets put it another way,if it has the normal 24+8pin power connectors should you be able to use another atx psu without having to worry about these proprietary connectors i mentioned.
Whether you are able to can only you fix by either testing with (as mentioned above) or buying another psu.

Lutfij

Titan
We will need additional information.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of your PSU(apart from the make and model of the unit).

Jul 15, 2019
CPU: i5 4590
Motherboard: Foxconn H81MXV 2.0
RAM: 8GB (4GB 1333, 4GB 1600)
HDD: 750GB (500GB, 250GB)
GPU: GTX 650Ti
PSU: Unbranded ( 500W, I'm not sure)
Chase: HP ENVY.
We will need additional information.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of your PSU(apart from the make and model of the unit).

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Anyway to test with another psu? Myabe a friend or local shop. Since "unbranded" not something i would go on with.
Can you post what kind of HP Envy or a picture of the insides,ask since motherboard might be proprietary and may not use a standard 24 power connector for instance.

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Jul 15, 2019
Anyway to test with another psu? Myabe a friend or local shop. Since "unbranded" not something i would go on with.
Can you post what kind of HP Envy or a picture of the insides,ask since motherboard might be proprietary and may not use a standard 24 power connector for instance.

The ENVY is just the case, the motherboard is actually Foxconn. I haven't tested it with a different power supply yet because I'm not really in middle of town.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Lets put it another way,if it has the normal 24+8pin power connectors should you be able to use another atx psu without having to worry about these proprietary connectors i mentioned.
Whether you are able to can only you fix by either testing with (as mentioned above) or buying another psu.

Solution
Jul 15, 2019

Thank you. It has been confirmed. My power supply is dead. I've ordered a new one.

TRENDING THREADS