Question my pc won't work anymore

May 6, 2021
So my pc was on and i didn't do anything and all of a sudden my pc turns off. it starts but my monitor says no signal and my keyboard won't light up. also other usb things won't work. i have checked that all the cables are on the right places. motherboard's ez debug light is on gpu and the light is white. I tried the parts on a different motherboard and the same thing happened. I also took out the battery from the motherboard and i put it back in. It didn't work. I also tested the psu with paperclip and it was working.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI
2nd Motherboard: Asus ROG strix B450-F gaming II
PSU: Corsair CX650M 650 W ATX

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried the parts on a different motherboard and the same thing happened.
You need to elaborate on that line. Did you work with your current PSU on a donor motherboard? You sure that the motherboard you were working on had the latest BISO update(since it was a B450 chipset)?

How old is the CX unit you're working with? Might want to source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built unit. Paperclip tests don't do anything with regards to a PSU. Yes it does allow you to power the PSU up but does it tell you how much power it can effectively output without failing? No, it doesn't. Hence why the paperclip test is a failed test.

May 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried the parts on a different motherboard and the same thing happened.
You need to elaborate on that line. Did you work with your current PSU on a donor motherboard? You sure that the motherboard you were working on had the latest BISO update(since it was a B450 chipset)?

How old is the CX unit you're working with? Might want to source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built unit. Paperclip tests don't do anything with regards to a PSU. Yes it does allow you to power the PSU up but does it tell you how much power it can effectively output without failing? No, it doesn't. Hence why the paperclip test is a failed test.

yeah i worked with my current psu with the other motherboard. it had the newest bios. and also my psu is from 2017.