Question My PSU Burnt out…

Sep 24, 2021
Hi! My PSU burnt out because i overloaded it with too much usb cables and it burnt out when i connected a led strip… it started smelling like burnt plastic and it turned off… i tried to turn it back in but it didnt work. I swapped it with a new PSU and my pc starts for a second and it turns off immediately… like the cpu fan its spinning for less than a sec and it turns off. I bought a new CPU, i swapped it and it does the same… what should i do guys?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hi! My PSU burnt out because i overloaded it with too much usb cables and it burnt out when i connected a led strip… it started smelling like burnt plastic and it turned off… i tried to turn it back in but it didnt work. I swapped it with a new PSU and my pc starts for a second and it turns off immediately… like the cpu fan its spinning for less than a sec and it turns off. I bought a new CPU, i swapped it and it does the same… what should i do guys?
Your psu probably kill your motherboard. So try and swap with another motherboard.
BTW whats the spec of your pc?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Figure this one of two ways, and according to availability...

You can chase the parts failure by way of getting new parts. If your build it old it's likely a good idea to consider a new build cost against the possibility of going through various components.

You could take it to a professional to troubleshoot and/or fix. The age of the equipment should be a consideration for this path as well.