Question My screens turn black during gaming, computer is still running. Help!

Jul 4, 2023
At times while I game, both of my screens turn black. The game is still running, the computer sounds normal, but the screens won't react with the computer until I hard/manually restart.
This happens sporadic during gaming, except for in Baldurs gate 3, where it happens after about 30 minutes every time.
I have all of the newest drivers for both windows 11 and my graphics card installed. About 100gb of free space on my SSD.

Here's my specs:
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor, 4.70 GHz
Graphics Card - ASUS GeForce RTX™️ 3070 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6
RAM - Corsair DDR5 4800Mhz 32GB C40 Vengeance
Motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING B650M-PLUS WIFI
SSD - Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe M.2 NVME SSD 1TB
PSU - Corsair TX750M (750W Gold)

Anyone with an answer to as why this happens? And what to do?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023
you have both 8 pins cable on the gpu and it says 750 watts to run it so check this and your temp in system .
Both 8-pins are connected. The temp is also normal during gameplay, been monitoring it during the issues.

This usually happens rarely, but I encounter it all the time during Baldurs Gate 3.

I think it has to do with my gpu, but don't know how to fix it. I took the gpu out and put it back in, which actually removed the issue the whole day my computer was turned on afterwards. But when I tried Baldurs gate again today, the issue returned.

At times while I game, both of my screens turn black. The game is still running, the computer sounds normal, but the screens won't react with the computer until I hard/manually restart.
This happens sporadic during gaming, except for in Baldur's Gate 3, where it happens after about 30 minutes every time.
I have all of the newest drivers for both windows 11 and my graphics card installed. About 100gb of free space on my SSD.

Here's my specs:
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor, 4.70 GHz
Graphics Card - ASUS GeForce RTX™️ 3070 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6
Motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS WIFI
(I think that you mean to say "ASUS TUF GAMING B650M-PLUS WIFI" because B660 is an Intel chipset). ;)

Jokes aside... Usually something like this is a driver issue, often caused by not using DDU when doing a driver update. Try running DDU and re-installing your drivers. That may fix the issue.

Also, since the AM5 platform is relatively new, I would also recommend updating the motherboard chipset drivers. The most recent chipset driver released was on May 23rd. I don't know if you've already done that but I'm going to assume that you haven't because chipset drivers are something that few, if any, ever think about. Hell, I know about them and I often forget about them. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that I haven't installed the latest chipset drivers myself.

Fortunately, AMD is still following the ATi formula of having all the drivers for the entire product category in one package for convenience. The chipset driver package covers all AM4 and AM5 chipsets covering both Windows 10 and Windows 11. You can download it here. It may have no effect whatsoever on the issue that you're experiencing but... Hey, you never know, eh?

Whether it fixes the issue or not, it's still good practice to keep the chipset drivers updated because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Updating chipset drivers is like getting vaccinated. If it works, you'll never know that you needed it in the first place. ;)

Reactions: Kazp