Question My SD card plays videos in one phone but doesn't play in other phone.

alibhatti630

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017
I have a Kingston 128Gb sd card, it has some videos in it. I inserted it in my Realme 5 phone and it plays the videos but when i insert it in Infinix Note 12 or Infinix Note 10 phone the card is shown in the file manager and those videos are also shown but they won't play.

Any help?
The card is brand new. Just bought it yesterday so I'm sure the problem isn't with the card. It has something to do with the phones. One phone plays the videos, the others don't.

I have a Kingston 128Gb sd card, it has some videos in it. I inserted it in my Realme 5 phone and it plays the videos but when i insert it in Infinix Note 12 or Infinix Note 10 phone the card is shown in the file manager and those videos are also shown but they won't play.

Any help?
The card is brand new. Just bought it yesterday so I'm sure the problem isn't with the card. It has something to do with the phones. One phone plays the videos, the others don't.
Phones can be particular when it comes to memory cards. Some phone prefer to format the memory card themselves and don't like cards formatted on other phones.

Secondly, what software are you using on the Inifinix phones to try and play the videos? Perhaps you need a more versatile 3rd party player like VLC.

alibhatti630

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017
Phones can be particular when it comes to memory cards. Some phone prefer to format the memory card themselves and don't like cards formatted on other phones.

Secondly, what software are you using on the Inifinix phones to try and play the videos? Perhaps you need a more versatile 3rd party player like VLC.
I just used the default system video player. Didn't try VLC or Mx player.
I wi try again in those players and will let you know.

And by the way, one more question: is it safe to write HUGE files on sd card in one go? I mean without breaking up the files into smaller ones & time gaps (like giving it a break). I copied some files on the sd card which totalled 27GB and it took 49 minutes. That is, the card was being written on for continuous 49 minutes, is it safe or does it harm the SD card in any way?
Please guide me in this regard if you know about it.

I'm also making a separate thread for this question.

I just used the default system video player. Didn't try VLC or Mx player.
I wi try again in those players and will let you know.

And by the way, one more question: is it safe to write HUGE files on sd card in one go? I mean without breaking up the files into smaller ones & time gaps (like giving it a break). I copied some files on the sd card which totalled 27GB and it took 49 minutes. That is, the card was being written on for continuous 49 minutes, is it safe or does it harm the SD card in any way?
Please guide me in this regard if you know about it.

I'm also making a separate thread for this question.
That's something you would have to ask both the card's manufacturer and the phone's manufacturer. Any file copy operation on any device generates heat within that device (card) and its container (phone in this case). The specs for your card may list its operating heat temperature limits but you may not be able to determine if its hitting the limit until the copying process slows down. And you may not be able to tell how your phone dissipates the heat generated by the internal card.