[SOLVED] my second monitor dont work :

Nov 2, 2019
my second monitor dont work :
Hey guys, so I've bought a gtx1060 and I'm attempting to run a dual monitor setup. so i have 3 display ports , one HDMI and one DVI port on the graphic card , now my first monitor i have a hdmi cable to hdmi port it work fine , second monitor is a vga monitor so i have a dvi to vga then it connects to the monitor but it doesnt work , monitor stays black and no signal but windows detect it , help me pls

Solution
DVi on that graphics card is digital,
Hey guys, so I've bought a gtx1060 and I'm attempting to run a dual monitor setup. so i have 3 display ports , one HDMI and one DVI port on the graphic card , now my first monitor i have a hdmi cable to hdmi port it work fine , second monitor is a vga monitor so i have a dvi to vga then it connects to the monitor but it doesnt work , monitor stays black and no signal but windows detect it , help me pls

DVI on that graphics card is digital, therefore a passive adapter would not work. You'd need an active converter DVI-D to VGA.

LWFG001

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
That's a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 video card like this one right? https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1060/

If so, did you load up the GeForce software yet? You can click green download button here: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

The GeForce software will allow you to install the latest driver for your NVIDIA video card and notify you when a new driver becomes available then automatically update for you. Also, it allows you to control your card with NVIDIA control panel so you can configure the video card with one or more monitors.

So after installing the video card in the computer, the second step is to load up NVIDIA software for the card and then download and install the driver and configure the card correctly using it.

When that's all done, then we can talk about what's next if the problem persists.

DVI on that graphics card is digital, therefore a passive adapter would not work. You'd need an active converter DVI-D to VGA.

Reactions: LWFG001
Solution

LWFG001

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
Good catch. So:

1. Load up NVIDIA software and install latest driver.
  2. The DVI-to-VGA adapter isn't passing the video signal. Use a DVI-D to VGA converter.

TRENDING THREADS