Sternpaul

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
Hello,

I recently bought a new graphics card for my build, but my system is not detecting it. If I plug in my Monitor directly into the GTX 970, I get no signal. If I plug in my Monitor into the onboard graphics, I dont see the new GTX 970 in the device manager. I tried out everything I could find: I deleted all the drivers for my old graphics card, I updated my Bios to the latest version, I checked if my PSU can handly the card, I pulled it out and plugged it back in several times, I even placed it in another system. Always the same problem: No signal. When I put my old graphics card back in, my system starts up like normal. I hope that somebody here can help my solve this problem.

My system specs are:
Motherboard: MS-7826
CPU: i7 4770 3,4GHz
GPU, old: GTX 760
GPU, new: MSI GTX 970 4G
PSU: 600W be quiet! System Power 9

Edit: I forgot to mention that I already changed the "secure boot" and "legacy" settings in my BIOS

Sternpaul

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
GTX 970 needs power direct from the PSU via 8-pin and/or 6-pin PCIe cables according to spec sheet.
Have you connected these to the corresponding connectors on the card?
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes I have connected both 6 and 8 pin to the GPU. My PSU comes with two cables for PCIe (both with 6+2 Pins), so I tried some combinations. Nothing works.