Feb 14, 2021
So I have had this problem for a few months now but I thought that my mic was just bad (I have a Neewer 8000 Usb Microphone), but I looked at some videos of the mic that sounded perfect quality. I had finally had enough of this problem, so I looked up some fixes and did some testing. The PC that I am having this problem with is a Desktop, so I decided to test it on my 2 laptops I have at home. The first laptop I tested it on was an HP Pavilion 15-ab223cl (it has a plastic chassis), and the second one is an HP Pavilion 15-cs0058od (it has a mostly metal chassis). The microphone had the buzzing noise on my desktop and the plastic HP Pavilion 15-ab223cl, however on the mostly metal HP Pavilion 15-cs0058od the buzzing had completely stopped and sounded perfect. I have tried buying a USB hub with external power (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TPMEOYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it changed absolutely nothing. I have tried plugging in to all other USB ports on my desktop and plastic laptop. I have tried using in all the outlets in my house. The only thing I can think could be happening is that my metal chassis laptop is grounded through me while the other 2 aren't (because they are both plastic), but I have no idea. I would really like to fix this problem and would be willing to try buying something to fix it. Please help good people of Tom's Hardware.