Question My Xeon CPU clock is faulty ?

NOR1NCO

Prominent
Jan 10, 2023
I installed E5 2698 V3 for my server,
I confirmed that I didn't have any energy saving settings turned on, and the cpu clock turbo in the BIOS is turned on.

All-core turbo clock is 2.8Ghz, but single-core clock is only 2.5Ghz ?
I don't know what's happened, should usually be 3.6Ghz or 3.3Ghz

MY SERVER (Huawei 2288 v3):
CPU : Xeon E5 2698 V3
RAM: Samsung 16g DDR4 ecc
PSU: Leton dual psu 460w

The C states need to be enabled in the BIOS for core turbo boost to work correctly.

Run HWiNFO and make sure your C states are enabled.

q70NHJ8.png

What monitoring software are you using to report CPU MHz? Try running ThrottleStop.

Use the built in TS Bench test. Set this to a 1 Thread test. ThrottleStop can also show if your C states are working correctly. If there are no C states when idle then you will not be able to reach the maximum single core turbo boost. Post a screenshot while the TS Bench test is in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOR1NCO

NOR1NCO

Prominent
Jan 10, 2023
The C states need to be enabled in the BIOS for core turbo boost to work correctly.

Run HWiNFO and make sure your C states are enabled.

q70NHJ8.png

What monitoring software are you using to report CPU MHz? Try running ThrottleStop.

Use the built in TS Bench test. Set this to a 1 Thread test. ThrottleStop can also show if your C states are working correctly. If there are no C states when idle then you will not be able to reach the maximum single core turbo boost. Post a screenshot while the TS Bench test is in progress.
I will try it, thx