My_pc_games_won´t_start

Hi
I have windows xp on my home computer. I´ve recently formated my pc and
since then my cd player won´t auto start any of my dvds, or pc games. I´ve
manually installed the games but when I try to play any game it wont start.
In one game I get "error" that tells me that the game can´t find one of its
files. Another one of my games starts loading but then closes down and
nothing more happens.

I don´t know what to do, should I install something, or change the settings
in my computer somewhere, or what ??

If someone knows this, please tell me what to do.

"Karro" <Karro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have windows xp on my home computer. I´ve recently formated my pc and
> since then my cd player won´t auto start any of my dvds, or pc games.
> I´ve
> manually installed the games but when I try to play any game it wont
> start.
> In one game I get "error" that tells me that the game can´t find one of
> its
> files. Another one of my games starts loading but then closes down and
> nothing more happens.

OK let's start off with the basics, what games are they, what's hte exact
error messages you're seeing?

Are you also running as an administrator? You can check this in Control
Panel / Users.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.