LPT1

Forum discussion tagged with LPT1.
  1. D

    Z87 MSI MPOWER MAX: Can't make my 2400mhz RAM run in this frequency.

    Hello guys. I have searched a lot regarding this but I'm still lost. I have a 16GB 2400mhz Corsair Platinum Dominator kit running with my z87 MSI MPOWER MAX + i7 4770k and I can't figure out how to bring it to 2400mhz. I have done it several times and every single time I try to boot my PC I...
  2. T

    How to restore a file?

    Hello. Me and my friend are trying to recover an old chat log of our chat history on skype. If you don't know how to do this, basically you go to the username folder in your skype directory and go to the previous versions of the main.db file. The problem is for us its showing files from last...
  3. T

    Is this a compatible rig????

    Hi guys just would like a heads up on what you think. Intel i5-4690k Z87 mpower sp mobo Corsair vengeance pro red ddr3 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb) Cooler master hyper 212evo cpu cooler 800w psu cit xecutioner case Benq rl244mh (I think that's the model☺) Now I'm not sure which graphix to go for...
  4. D

    Laptop Hard Drive as main HDD in a desktop?

    I'm about to finish building my new PC and had an idea to put my laptops hard drive in the desktop, install windows on it and use it till I get the money to buy a proper Hard drive for files and stuff but would it be possible to use my desktop with just the laptop hard drive? Thanks in advance...
  5. S

    Can i run Three qnix2710 monitors of a nvidia 780?

    Basically at the moment I have three Qnix2710 monitors running 7970 in crossfire. I use 2 Mini Display Port/DVI-D Dual-Link Adapter connections to connect the monitors at the moment along with the normal dvi connection. I'm just sick of the graphical glitching I seem to get when my cards are...
  6. C

    [SOLVED] New mobo and cpu. Old power supply won't post but fans spin.

    Hey everyone, SO I got a new mobo (gigabyte ga-z87m-d3h) , stick of ram (g skill 8gb)and a cpu (intel i5-4760). Looking forward to making a hackintosh. Still using the old (antec 430w) case and poower supply. Attched cpu and cooler to mobo and now I cannot post. Power supply worked this...
  7. G

    Do I have a cpu bottleneck?

    Just to get this out of the way, my build: Motherboard: Msi fm2-a75ma-e35 CPU: Amd athlon x4 750k (3.4ghz currently, but it can go up to 4.0) GPU: Gigabyte R9 270x PSU: CX500M Ram: 8Gb of Corsair Vengence 1600mhz OS: Windows 7 64 bit So, I have been playing battlefield 4 with this build, (Yes...
  8. D

    Need computer case options

    1. Better than HAF 912 2. Spacious to hide cables etc for better air flow 3. COOLING IS A MUST NEED TO BE TOP NOTCH 4. Fan slots (i will fill all the fan slots) 5. BUDGET $100~ more or less ATM, looking into Antec 900 Rosewill Thor v2 (Won Maximum PC coolest case verdict, interesting but dont...
  9. G

    Downloading files - permissions?????

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) ..Hii, I ned some help, before Thursday of this week, whenever i tried to download a file from a site I was prompted to confirm or allow the download. My daughter used my machine to do some home work after I...
  10. G

    Boot Gateway PC from CD

    Hello, We have a 12-year-old Gateway 2000 computer that we want to recycle but need to remove some information about our horse boarding business. Unfortunately, it has been so long since we have used this computer that we are no longer able to remember the password we need to access the...
  11. G

    WinXP Config with no security

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hi, My new notebook has security management problem. My account has admin priviledge but when I right click on my C drive and select the share & security menu I get a box without the security selection on share and...
  12. G

    Links not opening

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Hi I am not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes , I am having trouble with IE opening a lot of out of browser links. What I mean is like in an E-mail I recieve a link to a site I...
  13. G

    My_pc_games_won´t_start

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Hi I have windows xp on my home computer. I´ve recently formated my pc and since then my cd player won´t auto start any of my dvds, or pc games. I´ve manually installed the games but when I try to play any game it wont...
  14. game-addict

    Need advice

    hi guys, am building a new gaming & video editing rig & need some advice regarding few things: I have an Intel core i5 3570k ivy bridge, gigabyte GTX 660Ti OC 2GB, Corsair TX850 PSU FIRST: am confused between 3 mobos, I 1- ASROCK Z77 PRO4 2- ASUS P8Z77-V LX Z77 3- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Am...
  15. YacketPoverload_x64Bit

    Speed: 16GB's of DDR1600 or 8GB's of 2100?

    For the fastest speed possible, considering game load times, Mem response time, and heavy recording of game footage (FRAPS), which would be best to have, more Mem at a lower speed (1600Mhz) or less Mem + Higher Frequency? (8GB's DDR3 2100Mhz). Game is a heavily modified GTA IV. Vehicles...
  16. P

    Need you advise as to what I can do ??

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hi ... I could really use your opinion to understand something here with a program that I download , I when to this website http://www.soft-central.net/ , And I download these 2 freeware programs ( Pyramid Solitaire...
  17. M

    I've spelt my name wring

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi I've managed to spell my name wrong in windows setup - so every time I logon I've got the wrong spelling of my name on the screen. How do I change it? thanks
  18. G

    Deleting MS DOS Files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi, somebody sent me some ms dos files via msn, and now my pc keeps crashing, and I can`t open msn!! I`ve tried to delete them using cmd window, but don`t know the prompts... can anyone help, or let me another way to...
  19. G

    PC Registry vs Mac Preferences

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Does the PC Registry file have basically the same purpose as the Mac Preferences file? To me it seems to be an advanced and structured form of the Mac Preferences. Note that I am referring to Mac systems prior to system...
  20. M

    How do I Reinstall on another HD??

    I have just completed my build and have installed a bunch of my drivers, when a friend of mine gave a a 36gig raptor that h wasn't going to use for free (I just love free!!). My question is how do I install xp on this drive and have it so it is renamed C:? I really don't mind erasing everything...
  21. ShadowProject

    WD Cavair Green/Red/Blue/Black Difference

    So I want to get a WD Cavair 1 TB HDD for my new build but I have noticed they come in Red, Green, Blue and Black versions. They are also different prices. Can anyone tell me the difference :D
  22. G

    IE freezes when I click "printer-friendly" links

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Whenever I click a link for to a "printer-friendly" (non-html) version of a page, my IE hangs and freezes. I can open the page fine if I open a new window and type the URL in manually, but when I click the link from the...
  23. 3

    At a loss

    Hey Guys, I have a problem with a PC i built. I seem to have trouble booting up to bios. It freezes at the black screen with the Intel logo and "Press delete to enter bios..."etc. For it to boot properly I have to clear my cmos. But when I try to do any adjustments to bios setting and save...
  24. J

    Hola amigos

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hi !!!
  25. K

    History Review of JBL E120-8 Speaker

    Hello, I've had this heavy speaker in my attic for 10 years. it was left by a former b/friend who told me never to throw it out as it was worth s/thing. That was 8 years ago: I'm moving & it's too big and heavy for me to look after. best method of disposal? If I can pick up a few $ in lieu of...
  26. G

    Installing Windows XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I just bought WinXP SP2 to replace WinMe. The Me is unusuable as the hard drive got corrupted and now won't load. The problem i have is that as Me won't load i have to load XP in DOS, but when i try i am told that...
  27. S

    changing XP to display in russian or ukranian

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) i have the english version of windows XP home. Is ther any way that i can change it so that it displays all command prompts and dialogue boxes in either russian or ukranian???? HELP
  28. G

    Jumping Windows

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I recently reinstalled Windows XP after some files became corrupted. Everything works OK, but when I drag a window or when I am scrolling with the wheel mouse, the screen jumps around and appears to repaint itself with...
  29. H

    Asus P5E boot problem

    I have been having a problem lately with my computer... It has an intel quad core processor, 2gb of ram, Geforce 8600, 500gb HD. Every so often when I turn my computer off it will not boot properly, usually I can leave it for 2 hours or so and it will turn on no problem. This time however it...
  30. G

    Hard Drive Died

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) My external hard drive died. Could you recommend software I could use to try to retrieve the lost data? Is it even possible to retrieve data if I can't access the drive anymore? Thanks.
  31. T

    16-bit program error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Hi there, For some reason my computer is refusing to run 16-bit programs. I've been told it's probably a bug but my anti- virus software is up to date and can't detect anything - any ideas? Also have any of you had...
  32. G

    Burner drive not being read

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?) Hi, My problem is that my DVD-R/CD-RW drive is not being recognized in most of my programs. If I right click the drive itself, it says that it is working finea nd that windows recognizes it as a recording drive...
  33. S

    Can blu-ray plays on Windows XP?

    hello everyone.i am a new member,i am not like most of boys who are very good at computers and i want to ask a question that can window xp plays blu-ray dvd or needs some update?if i do in this way that means available for window XP? i have many kinds of blu-ray dvds i want to play on windows...
  34. T

    Moving overseas, willing to sell my 2 month old Intel rig for cheap

    I just purchesed this computer about 2 months ago, but I now need to money to move. I am willing to go very low on price so make me an offer. This computer retails for ~$1600. Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k Motherboard: MSI Z68A-G45 (G3) Graphics Card: MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition 3GB...
  35. G

    2nd hard drive not seen!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I just installed a new 40 gig Maxtor in a gateway and left the old IBM-dpta 20 gig (with win98 and all the files)in for a drive D:. It shows up in device manager and computer storage manager in ADMIN tools. It is not...
  36. U

    When will Pentium 5 come out?

    Any ideas when Pentium 5 is coming and what specs it will have? Awhile back couple ppl were saying Prescot would be P5, and then 775 Socket was going to be P5, but didn't turn out that way. Seems like with P4 hitting max at 3.8 ghz, Intel would getting P5 ready soon. I haven't heard too much...
  37. Soarixay

    Looking for a PSU and Mobo

    Hey guys I'm not rich but I'm looking for a PSU (750w or greater) and mobo (crossfirex capable for AM3 and AM3+ socket) for my current rig. If you guys are willing to help someone out with a recent interest in what you all love I would be very grateful at any and all offers. If I don't see...
  38. thomasf94

    [SOLD]Custom Built Desktop - GTX 680 2gb

    Looking to sell my custom built desktop that I built about 6 months ago, I have done some minor upgrades and have kept very clean, I need to sell this because I now need a laptop, it was fun while it lasted... here are the specs: CPU: i5 2500k (I have Overclocked it, but kept at stock...
  39. S

    Which combination is better?

    creative audigy 2 platinum with kplisch 5.1 OR M-audio audiophile with logitech z-680 thx.
  40. G

    Visual c runtime error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) everytime I turn on my computer it says runtime error visual c++ and now my computer is freezing and I have been forced to pull the plug on it to get it to turn off. How can this be fixed ?