Mysterious Aorus Superthin Gaming Laptops Teased in Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
Don't kid yourself on any kinda of Gaming Laptop being cheap. Only time that happens is several year old gear. More then a few years.

Just like they say, if you're asking how much something is then you shouldn't even be asking.

rapman4488

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
If they made it decently priced, it would sell like crazy. Sager gaming laptops have the best value, but they aren't the thinnest or prettiest. If these can achieve good value, nothing will beat it.

Krazeee

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
The way to be the most successful product is to make it better and cheaper than its competition. Why don't ANY of these electronic manufacturers get it?

If a Razer blade is over 2k... only the yuppie rich kids will buy it and thats not a lot of people...

The Sager gaming notebooks are really unpopular but they do deliver good performance but its not attractive at all...

So it seems that "Aarus" is going to combine the aesthetics of the Razer and the performance of the Sager... But how will they price it?

If it's over 1.8k for the starting model then they can already forget any type of praise or sales numbers.

If someone makes a good looking (thin), relatively good performance (770M atleast) notebook that is priced at <$1,300 then people who aren't gamers are going to buy it... Which means lots of sales.

So far sager is the closest to this but damn their laptops are uglehhhhh (mostly thick)

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

A gaming laptop isn't expensive because it is a "gaming laptop". An Apple Macbook Pro isn't expensive just because it is an Apple.

Gaming laptops, thin ones at that, take a TON of engineering skill and craftsmanship to even begin thinking of how to manage high heat in a tight area. Couple with that the premium materials they might pick (maybe an aluminum body so they use the case like a heatsink?) and the fact that laptop parts are more expensive to begin with, and of course this laptop is going to be over 2k. It is a given. Problem is, and I guarantee you, because the price is already so high from what I have said, that they will probably throw in a shitty TFT panel just like the Razer Blade. IPS displays are long overdue, they have come far in terms of response time, it is time.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
its 3dmark 11 score is on par with the alienware 17 boasting a 780M, so we can be 95% sure that it is also a 780M in the aorus, barring any early implementation of maxwell. the cooling solution must be outstanding, reducing the thickness, compared to the AW17, by 40%

dorj1234

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
And now for the all chewed up question - can it be upgraded to GTX780 and are 2 GTX665 better than 780 if you have no or one extra screen

Also - I was hoping for a better resolution screen like the MSI GT60 2OD-261US that comes with 3K
All debates are ok for 3K and gaming, but we sometimes do other things than just gaming on a laptop and I want to see higher res on more laptop screens

dorj1234

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
And now for the all chewed up question - can it be upgraded to GTX780 and are 2 GTX665 better than 780 if you have no or one extra screen

Also - I was hoping for a better resolution screen like the MSI GT60 2OD-261US that comes with 3K
All debates are ok for 3K and gaming, but we sometimes do other things than just gaming on a laptop and I want to see higher res on more laptop screens

dorj1234

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Krazeee

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Right! I remember seeing an article on these almost a year ago... I agree these are really quality products but I've NEVER EVER seen them in North America!

Edit: I've looked around and I've found a few models. Good find.

Status
Not open for further replies.