Question Navigating event viewer for GPU issues

Oct 13, 2023
For the past year or so, about 30 seconds or so after I boot my system and get to windows log-on, all my monitors black-screens for about 5 seconds. After that nothing happens at all before I boot my pc again. I suspect it has something to do with my GPU, and have tried to find the error in Event Viewer, but so far have had no luck. Can someone help with event viewer codes, or shed light on where GPU issues would appear in there?

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
before you accuse the GPU specifically, mind listing the PSU model and age along with the GPU and other components?

-are the drivers updated?
-is the BIOS up-to-date?

Oct 13, 2023
before you accuse the GPU specifically, mind listing the PSU model and age along with the GPU and other components?

-are the drivers updated?
-is the BIOS up-to-date?
I recently switched several components I bought from a friend who went abroad, including PSU,MOBO,CPU whom all are under a year old. I kept my GPU,RAM, and all drives. As mentioned, I had the same issue with my old build, and as I only kept the above listed hardware, the GPU is my best bet given its age.

My current spec list is:

I run a custom loop where the CPU and GPU are cooled.
  • CPU
  • OLD: I7-8700K - Delided and OC'd to 5ghz
  • NEW: CPU: I7-9700K (Not OC'ed - Under 1 year old)
  • GPU: 1080 TI FTW3 - Has been quite heavily OC'ed in my previous build and are about 5 years old.
  • PSU
  • OLD: Corsair RM1000X
  • NEW: EVGA G6 Supernova 1000W brand new
  • MOTHERBOARD
  • OLD: Asus Formula XI
  • NEW:Asus Prime Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator 32 GB 3200mhz
  • DRIVES
  • 1x 960 evo 500 gb M2
  • 1x 970 evo 500 gb M2 (OS drive)
  • 1x 860 evo 1tb SSD
  • 1x 850 evo 250gb SSD
  • 1x WD 5TB External HDD (backup drive)
  • MONITORS (if relevant)
  • 3x BenQ XL2411P
    • 2 connected by Display Port
    • 1 connected by HDMI
As I honestly have more problems than I care to admit with this system, I updated the BIOS and drivers as of yesterday, which improved one of my other issues greatly. Albeit, it did not affect this issue.