flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I got one of these monitors today, and it's very nice. Although I don't care for the super bright mode as things get fuzzier, it's otherwise really good (finally, my eyes are more rest since I'm at 115Hz vs 85 w/ previous crt). Although this monitor is giving me less eyestrain, I have a question. It's optimal mode is @ 1280x1024 (it's 17" though, so that's tiny) and for text and stuff it causes eyestrain when things r that tiny. So then I scale it up to 1024x768, and am fine. However, does the slightly reduced sharpness of the scaled res cause eyestrain?

What if you had admin rights to life?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Update: Actually, looking more closely, I noticed that w/ white squares, etc (for instance an ms word document) there is a redish line down on the right side, and a bluish line on the left side of the white. I tried at several different resolutions and refresh rate, but w/o any success. I'm thinking maybe this could be an effect of the signal level (ie .7 vs 1.0V) how od I change this though w/ this monitor, I can't find anything in the osd about it. Also, what else can cause this?

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Sounds like a convergence problem. Classic symptoms, if the unit has OSD control for convergence try it, if not there is nothing you can do short of returning the unit.

BTW there is no such thing as a CRT monitor with perfect convergence.

Jim Witkowski
Monitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Yeah, that's what I thought was the problem too, but I mean considerably cheaper, lower end models at my school are better than this, so I assume it is an error. I'll contact them and check it out.