Question Need a GPU for dual monitor setup: 4K and ultrawide 1440p

Sep 23, 2019
My main question is what can I expect from an industry-leading GPU in terms of framerate/performance when running programs simultaneously on both monitors. Say I am running a game on one and a resource-intensive program (GUI/high memory usage) on the other. What GPU would I need for optimal performance (framerate). I know this is dependent on other factors such as CPU, but assume everything else is optimal.

I am also confused as to why there is no definitive "industry-leading" GPU. From what I've read, the "best" GPU is subjective and perhaps depends on the GPU's purpose. I want to get the best GPU I can for my setup. Please let me know if more information is needed.

My main question is what can I expect from an industry-leading GPU in terms of framerate/performance when running programs simultaneously on both monitors. Say I am running a game on one and a resource-intensive program (GUI/high memory usage) on the other. What GPU would I need for optimal performance (framerate). I know this is dependent on other factors such as CPU, but assume everything else is optimal.

I am also confused as to why there is no definitive "industry-leading" GPU. From what I've read, the "best" GPU is subjective and perhaps depends on the GPU's purpose. I want to get the best GPU I can for my setup. Please let me know if more information is needed.
What are you using each monitor for and is the high memory VRAM or DRAM

Sep 23, 2019
What are you using each monitor for and is the high memory VRAM or DRAM

I plan on gaming on one monitor while running other programs on the other (Visual Studio, Blender, Chrome). These are not monitor specific: I may be running a 4K game with Blender running on my ultrawide, or I could have a game on my ultrawide while my 4K is running Visual Studio.

As for the high memory, I don't actually have any components for this setup yet so I haven't made that choice. I can adopt either.