Need a new gpu for desktop

Jun 8, 2018
Hi I've recently been having problems with my computer as my screen crashes occasionally and I've searched the problem online and it's most likely have to do with my gpu.

I was hoping to find a new gpu that is compatible with the rest of my set up. One that can support games like csgo and battlefield series without having to run on lowest graphics to have smooth gameplay.

Current set up:
I7 gaming mother board
Asus gtx 950
Coolermaster 650w
I5 6400
8gb ram

Jun 8, 2018

thanks for the suggestion, just to confirm that all the current specs can handle it right? the cables etc.

sorry i'm not very tech savvy

Just make sure the card you choose uses the same type of connector that your power supply has for pci-ex, such as a 6 pin or 8 pin.

In capabilities, the GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti are a bit slower and a bit faster than a 950 respectively. A GTX 1060 is a good step up from what you have. A 3gb version would get the job done, but it sounds like you want to crank up the settings a bit so a 6gb version would probably make you happier.

Keep in mind that large multiplayer games of BF1 use more CPU than just 4 cores/4 threads for smooth framerate. I think it's a safe bet the next Battlefield game will be the same. So even if you add a 1060 you'll need to keep an eye on your CPU usage in the most demanding games.

PuperHacker

Honorable
Every part of your build supports a gtx1060 6gb in terms of performance.
In terms of compatibility, just make sure that your PSU is compatible with it too (I think it is). The aforementioned video card will allow you to game at max settings for years to come.