[SOLVED] need a new gpu

Jun 6, 2021
Hey yall. i need a new GPU my current build is:

GIGABYTE GA-Z270-HD3 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Desktop Memory Model F4-2800C15D-8GVRB

Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I57600K Desktop Processor
power supply cosair 550W
and amd 290 2gb GPU.

it currently cant handle Wolfenstein II and I want to play Resident Evil Village as soon as I can get a card. What other upgrade is needed if any? What at least 4gb GPU should get me good value? im just casual gamer do like decent visual doesnt have to be top of the line though. And last but not least I have been looking aroung for GPUs but it seems to be sold out or extremely expensive for the ones that are not. My store of preference is Newegg. where can it be found?

Solution
There's no such thing as a good value GPU, period, at the moment. Or even an OK value GPU. Because of part shortages and sky-high demand, it's almost impossible to get any GPU for a reasonable price. A GTX 1660 Super, the smallest upgrade that I thought would be worthwhile, is going used for $500-$600 right now.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
There's no such thing as a good value GPU, period, at the moment. Or even an OK value GPU. Because of part shortages and sky-high demand, it's almost impossible to get any GPU for a reasonable price. A GTX 1660 Super, the smallest upgrade that I thought would be worthwhile, is going used for $500-$600 right now.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair is the brand of the PSU, while 550W is the wattage, what is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU in your build? Also, you didn't mention where you're located and what your budget is for said GPU purchase. Also, you aware of the crisis with GPU's and/or the silly prices out there?