joycreative

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
1. What is your budget?
Not sure what they're budget is but I would say as cost effective as possible.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The work execs buying it don't understand that we - the graphic designers using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator - need more powerful laptops than an HP Elitebook with less than 1GB of ram, what I currently have (face palm). I've used Macs all my life personally but they're not going for that. I had a work-issued Lenovo before and that worked great, but not sure if they'll go outside of HP. Is there an HP equivalent for graphic design (need at least 2-8GB ram / more than 120GB harddrive space, what I currently have)?

3. What screen resolution do you want?
We use Illustrator 80% of the time.

1024 x 768 display (1920 x 1080 recommended)
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

1280 x 800 display at 100% UI scaling with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Yes. We all work remotely.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Adapter always connected.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No. Can only use for work.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Will be used for Photoshop 10-20% of the time.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
We work off of a (horrible!) share drive process. Don't ask, its embarrassing. I have 120GB now and I've used this work laptop for 5 yrs and its just starting to crash. 1TB+ would be ideal but they're gonna go cheap so somewhere in the middle probably.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No specific site that I know they'll buy from. Refer to #3 for spec links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5+ yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
This company buys HP. They might go Lenovo if I recommend.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If you can reply as soon as possible I would really appreciate it. I just got off the phone with them so I'm in their radar now, so I want to get this to them as quickly as I can today. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

joycreative

Honorable
Feb 8, 2015
Hopefully I can post this here too? Posted from Laptop General Discussion

1. What is your budget?
Not sure what they're budget is but I would say as cost effective as possible.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The work execs buying it don't understand that we - the graphic designers using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator - need more powerful laptops than an HP Elitebook with less than 1GB of ram, what I currently have (face palm). I've used Macs all my life personally but they're not going for that. I had a work-issued Lenovo before and that worked great, but not sure if they'll go outside of HP. Is there an HP equivalent for graphic design (need at least 2-8GB ram / more than 120GB harddrive space, what I currently have)?

3. What screen resolution do you want?
We use Illustrator 80% of the time.

1024 x 768 display (1920 x 1080 recommended)
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

1280 x 800 display at 100% UI scaling with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Yes. We all work remotely.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Adapter always connected.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No. Can only use for work.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Will be used for Photoshop 10-20% of the time.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
We work off of a (horrible!) share drive process. Don't ask, its embarrassing. I have 120GB now and I've used this work laptop for 5 yrs and its just starting to crash. 1TB+ would be ideal but they're gonna go cheap so somewhere in the middle probably.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No specific site that I know they'll buy from. Refer to #3 for spec links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5+ yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
This company buys HP. They might go Lenovo if I recommend.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If you can reply as soon as possible I would really appreciate it. I just got off the phone with them so I'm in their radar now, so I want to get this to them as quickly as I can today. Thank you for your help.