[SOLVED] Need a simple wireless mouse with reliable connectivity

avianrand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I'm a database developer. I don't game. I'm using a decent Belkin wired USB mouse right now. Previously I went through several wireless mice but always had issues with connection lags or dropping the connection completely. It was awful. Things like moving the mouse but the pointer would take a second or 2 to actually move. Moving to wired solved all that but I get super tired of dealing with the wire. As I read reviews on wireless mice I sometimes see similar complaints. I'm not running any other wireless peripheral devices. My keyboard is wired. Can anyone suggest a quality standard 2 button + wheel mouse for Windows that'll stay connected and not lag? I don't need fancy and I don't like track balls. Old school is best for me. I do tend to be fussy about the feel of the buttons and the wheel. I don't care about cost. I'd pay $100 for a reliable mouse but I suspect that won't be necessary. Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
Regarding the wires, I usually tend to bundle the excess wires with the aid of a ziptie and leave some length for movement.

On the matter of wireless mice, you can look towards Rapoo, Logtiech and even Microsoft for your wireless needs. Rapoo's MT750(and the latter 750s) can be paired with other devices. It's also a pseudo MX master knock from Logitech :p

Lutfij

Titan
Regarding the wires, I usually tend to bundle the excess wires with the aid of a ziptie and leave some length for movement.

On the matter of wireless mice, you can look towards Rapoo, Logtiech and even Microsoft for your wireless needs. Rapoo's MT750(and the latter 750s) can be paired with other devices. It's also a pseudo MX master knock from Logitech :p

Solution

avianrand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Thanks. Wires in general are not a problem for me. I'm very organized and do the same. Have been for decades. The problem withe mouse wires is that they are somewhat stiff and tend to get caught on things like monitor stands. I usually pin one end of the wire down under something heavy like a book or my router so that I have some loose length, but again, it's far from perfect and can be quite annoying.

As far as brands go, I've been through many Logitech and Microsoft mice. I've never used Rapoo. I'll look into them. But when it comes to things like Logitech recommendations, I'd need specific models that have known reliability. NONE of the ones I've used cut it and I don't tend to buy cheap gear. Obviously though cost is not always a reflection of quality. Also, I'm not concerned with pairing with other devices. All my development work is on one machine. I don't move things around. So again, the simpler the better as long as it's got known reliable connectivity.

Having said all that though, I'm wondering if better gaming mice might generally have excellent connectivity due to the fact that it would be incredibly detrimental to have a mouse lag at all during highly active play. Might this be a logical assumption?