[SOLVED] Need a suggestion for a 2060 super for my rig

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone , i'm planing on buying a RTX 2060 super to upgrade my rig but i have 3 main concerns and i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me.

1-I don't know if the gpu i choose will fit in my case in a way that wont be an obstacle to other components.

2-I'm not sure on which gpu model i should get

3-I want to buy the gpu from https://quadrastores.com/ because its the most convenient store near me

My Setup:
CPU: i7-8700
Motherboard :z370 gaming plus
Ram:16 GB
Storage: 1tb HHD
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700 Watt PSU
Current GPU : ASUS 4gb GTX 1050Ti Strix OC Edition
Case: Phantom 410 white

-And should i upgrade my case and wait for the gpu or is that unnecessary? Because im 100% sure that a 3 fan gpu wont fit in my case
ase and wait for the gpu or is that unnecessary? Because im 100% sure that a 3 fan gpu wont fit in my case

-My max budget is around 460$

Last edited:
Solution
1)I own a Phantom 820, so it shares some similarities with the 410's interior, as far as that pivot fan is concerned.
-You have a max length of 305mm available with the pivot removed. 35 confirmed models of the 2060 Super, per PCpartpicker. All compatible without the pivot fan.
-280mm with it installed(not tilted). It drops down to 25 compatible models with the pivot fan installed.
-230mm with the pivot fan at full tilt. Only 6 left.
Aside from that pivot fan, there should be no other issues.

2 & 3)We need to narrow this down as much as possible: Any models on Quadrastores in particular catch your interest?
I'm sure not all the models on Partpicker will be available in Quadrastores.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
1. Phantom 410 has removable drive cages. The prodyct page is kind of confusing. The easiest way to be sure is to just know the lenght of the catd and measure clearance inside the case.

2. Graphics cards mainly differ from clock speeds and cooling solution. That clock speed is usually small; you should get much better results from overclocking.

Get whatever card you like with a decent cooling system. More fans mean more airflow at lower speed.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)I own a Phantom 820, so it shares some similarities with the 410's interior, as far as that pivot fan is concerned.
-You have a max length of 305mm available with the pivot removed. 35 confirmed models of the 2060 Super, per PCpartpicker. All compatible without the pivot fan.
-280mm with it installed(not tilted). It drops down to 25 compatible models with the pivot fan installed.

2 & 3)We need to narrow this down as much as possible: Any models on Quadrastores in particular catch your interest?

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Solution
about overclocking . i dont know how to , but do you recommend for me to learn how to oc and would it be much of a difference from non oc gpu ?

It's a bit more complicated then the days of old of just raising the voltage and hz, until it didn't work. But not a lot more so.

Raise multiplier, and run Prime95 for a good 30 minutes monitoring temps and make sure they stay below 80C. Modify fan curve if necessary. I find 70C to be a good target temp for max oc.

Once it crashes, I typically raise load line calibration (LLC). If it runs hot, lower the stock/base voltage so the voltage only goes up a little under load.

This will get you about 98% of the way there. Could you eek out another 100 or 200MHz? Maybe. But that's more for the advanced overclockers who don't fear burning out chips.

You can monitor most of this under Ryzen Master software.

Once you find a stable CPU clock, work on the memory. That's phase 2.

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
It's a bit more complicated then the days of old of just raising the voltage and hz, until it didn't work. But not a lot more so.

Raise multiplier, and run Prime95 for a good 30 minutes monitoring temps and make sure they stay below 80C. Modify fan curve if necessary

Once it crashes, I typically raise load line calibration (LLC). If it runs hot, lower the stock/base voltage so the voltage only goes up a little under load.

You can monitor most of this under Ryzen Master software.

Once you find a stable CPU clock, work on the memory. That's phase 2.
Thanks a lot

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
Shoot I just realized you were asking for a GPU overclock, not a CPU one. My bad. Completely different procedure. I will defer to the NVidia experts on this. Sorry about that.
lol its okay because i have yet to learn anything about overclocking . i think i will watch a lot of videos about oc before even trying to oc

Bloushi

Prominent
Oct 15, 2019
lol its okay because i have yet to learn anything about overclocking . i think i will watch a lot of videos before even trying to oc
How about this one https://quadrastores.com/index.php/...-SUPER-EVO-OC-Edition-8GB-GDDR6-Graphics-Card ?
its a bit expensive but i will sell my current gpu anyways

sorry for the late reply , but how about this one https://quadrastores.com/index.php/...-SUPER-EVO-OC-Edition-8GB-GDDR6-Graphics-Card i know it isn't on the list but can you make sure that it is compatible , if it is just the size i can remove some parts of my case to make it fit or it is something else ? is it compatible with my other parts like my psu or motherboard ? it's a bit expensive but if its good it will be worth it

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS