[SOLVED] Need advice and guidance: Possibility to use the laptop without battery and only with charger cable?

FullStackCoder

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
Need advice and guidance
My laptop battery is not detachable. Is it possible to remove the laptop battery and use the charger directly or not?

More explanation:
My laptop battery is falling asleep due to overuse, and because the system is on for 10 hours a day, when I disconnect the charger from the laptop, the charge will not last more than 5 hours if I think the first day I bought the laptop It lasts more than 7 hours. Now I'm looking for a way to disconnect the laptop battery and just use the laptop charging cable
In general it is possible.
Laptop: Acer Aspire A515-51G-80NS

Solution
From Where i can find out my Acer support threshold feature ?
I down one of app you mentioned(Batty Limiter) .. it seems OK... but dont do any things ....justalert when charager bar reach for example 80% .. ..

It means that the software is unable to get deep enough to the hardware level to take full control of the charging circuit. So all it can do is to send an alarm off to warm you about the charging level when it reached the threshold.

Unfortunately, but it's common.
I am not sure about Acer but the last few laptops I have had come with an app for battery care/management. These apps allow you to tell the battery to stop charging before it gets to 100%. This is for people that use the laptop mainly plugged into the mains. My current Dell G5 is set to stop charging at 80%. Laptop batteries don’t like being kept at 100% for very long periods, it’s a high stress state. By reducing the maximum charge you can use the laptop mainly powered by the mains without reducing the life of the battery.

FullStackCoder

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
I am not sure about Acer but the last few laptops I have had come with an app for battery care/management. These apps allow you to tell the battery to stop charging before it gets to 100%. This is for people that use the laptop mainly plugged into the mains. My current Dell G5 is set to stop charging at 80%. Laptop batteries don’t like being kept at 100% for very long periods, it’s a high stress state. By reducing the maximum charge you can use the laptop mainly powered by the mains without reducing the life of the battery.
Thank you this is awesome I did not know there was such software. Do you think there is one for my laptop? What is the name of your software that does this?

FullStackCoder

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
If your laptop don't come with built-in battery threshold feature, you can try one of these:

I down one of app you mentioned(Batty Limiter) .. it seems OK... but dont do any things ....justalert when charager bar reach for example 80% .. ..

It means that the software is unable to get deep enough to the hardware level to take full control of the charging circuit. So all it can do is to send an alarm off to warm you about the charging level when it reached the threshold.

Unfortunately, but it's common.

Solution