Question Need advice on cooling.

Mar 25, 2022

I have a Coolermaster TD500 with a Ryzen 9 5900x and a Gigabyte 3080 ti.

What are the temps I should be expecting both under load and when not? Is my case properly cooled? I have three intake fans on the front that go into the radiator for the AIO and then two fans on the other side mounted on the radiator for intake as well. I have four outtake fans. (Hopefully the picture posts).

Note: this is the only place I can mount the AIO. It doesn’t fit on top.

I have a Coolermaster TD500 with a Ryzen 9 5900x and a Gigabyte 3080 ti.

What are the temps I should be expecting both under load and when not? Is my case properly cooled? I have three intake fans on the front that go into the radiator for the AIO and then two fans on the other side mounted on the radiator for intake as well. I have four outtake fans. (Hopefully the picture posts).

Note: this is the only place I can mount the AIO. It doesn’t fit on top.
That's enough fans. As for CPU, it's made to run hot, actually allowed to run hot without performance (boost) loss up 90c under full load. So if it runs at or around 80c at full and prolonged load with idle temps around 4c all is good.

Reactions: Phaaze88
I watched that video and I know it’s a problem but it’s also the only position it will fit on my case. It cannot clear the top, and there’s no holes for screws in the top of the front panel.
If you removed the front-top fan can you move the radiator up? I understand their are no screw holes then at the top but 4 screws on the bottom fan are enough to hold it in place. Not ideal but it is less of a problem than get air in the pump.

Mar 25, 2022
I have a feeling fans on the radiator are set in wrong direction (although the picture is not clear enough on that matter). Are those fans blowing air inside case or the other way?

There are three fans on the front that pull air into the radiator, and on the other side of the radiator are the fans that blow into it as well from inside the case.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No. Theres two sets of holes. One for the fans (like the ones you circle) and the ones where you can mount something else.
Those holes aren't just for fans - the holes in the radiator should have the same spacing dimensions as the fans.

I think what's going on, or gone wrong here, is Cooler Master's fault for being vague in details.
In order to properly front mount the radiator as the others have stated earlier, the front chassis fans need to be removed; they are occupying holes that should be used for the radiator instead.
Ultimately, this means you have too many fans; whether top or front mounted AIO, some of the fans have to go(obviously, you can store them for later use).

Mar 25, 2022
Those holes aren't just for fans - the holes in the radiator should have the same spacing dimensions as the fans.

I think what's going on, or gone wrong here, is Cooler Master's fault for being vague in details.
In order to properly front mount the radiator as the others have stated earlier, the front chassis fans need to be removed; they are occupying holes that should be used for the radiator instead.
Ultimately, this means you have too many fans; whether top or front mounted AIO, some of the fans have to go(obviously, you can store them for later use).

I get why you would think that, but the radiator holes do not align with the fan holes. I’ve already tried it. Let me show you what I mean: