Build Complete Need advice on proper fan placement. Should I change my setup? Take a look.

JGon561

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
The red arrows represent exhaust direction and blue represent cool air intake direction. Should I place the heatsink fan on the other side of the fins? Are the heatink fan and intake fan fighting for air?
This is my first full build, just need some advice, thanks.

PCairflow.png

Leave the front two and rear fan, but turn around the cpu cooler fan so it's blowing towards exhaust. I'd leave it in the same spot just turn it around.

Only other thing I could say about it is try and clean up the cable management. Build looks good, but could look much cleaner!!

Mar 14, 2019
The red arrows represent exhaust direction and blue represent cool air intake direction. Should I place the heatsink fan on the other side of the fins? Are the heatink fan and intake fan fighting for air?
This is my first full build, just need some advice, thanks.

PCairflow.png
It seems like your cpu fan interferes with the air flow so I would just turn it around to get a more fluid air flow.

JGon561

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
So you think it's drawn wrong or is mounted wrong? Hard to tell in the pic, but it looks like it's actually flowing in the direction the arrow show.
Ya, I guess I did assume the fan blew outwards instead of towards the heatsink

I've always had it blow through the heatsink when I was using air. But it looks like you do have it set correctly, with the two front fans as intake, the heatsink blowing through towards the rear and rear as exhaust. That case looks nice and open, so you should have plenty of flow. Unless of course the front is somehow closed off or restricted with a front panel.