[SOLVED] Need advice to find a proper replacement for a GTX 560

Jan 28, 2020
Hello,

The GTX 560 in my dad’s computer seems to be failing ( green glitches on screen| windows crashes before loading if not in safe mode | graphic card had a heat sink moving inside upon inspection).

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week or next week BUDGET RANGE: Around 200$ CAD

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I‘m looking for a card that would offer enough performance to run civilisation VI ( the only purpose of a graphic card in his PC) .

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: EVGA Geforce GTX 560 and 600W psu

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: ( CPU : Intel I5 (dont remember model)/ mobo : P8P67 LE Asus / memory : 8 GB DDR3 ) this is a build from 2010

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (newegg.ca ) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: None, as long as performance is similar and compatible with system

OVERCLOCKING: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1920x1080)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: ( cpu use stock cooling ) windows 10, desktop case is standard , long card won’t fit

Jan 28, 2020
So basically , anything between the gtx 1050 /1650 | ati : Rx 570 will do the job.

would you suggest nvidia or ati ? (I had issues with ati drivers in the past (10 years ago) and don’t know how they perform today)

So basically , anything between the gtx 1050 /1650 | ati : Rx 570 will do the job.

would you suggest nvidia or ati ? (I had issues with ati drivers in the past (10 years ago) and don’t know how they perform today)
Exactly.
Those cards will be a big jump in capability.
I might suggest nvidia for two reasons:
1. The amd cards typically need 75w more power than equal performing nvidia cards.

2. You are now comfortable with the nvidia driver system.
(I also had some ati driver issues long ago)
But, today, I would not worry about ati drivers.

Jan 28, 2020
Thanks everyone for your help, I would have a last question :

Do you have any advice for the brand or any will do?
(Ex : EVGA, gigabyte ( have a 970 from them in my pc, MSI etc...)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Psu is fine. Gtx 560 uses significantly more power. If the system ran the 560, it'll definitely run 1650 super.

Gtx 560 furmark 349w
https://www.anandtech.com/show/4344/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-top-to-bottom-overclock/15

Gtx 1650s furmark 180w
https://www.anandtech.com/show/15090/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-super-review/9

Difficult between those two picks. They'll perform the same. It'll come down to warranty, noise levels and aesthetics. Look at some reviews for each and see which one cools better and quieter.