Need assistance with Hp slimline build.

wolfblitzer101

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I recently got a Hp slimline 260-p009.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Slimline-260-p000-Desktop-PC-series/10734583/document/c05140585/

I'm wondering if there are any restrictions with the hamar MB? I was gonna put it in a micro atx case with a 300w or 400w psu and a 1050ti. Any advice for this build is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Someone posted last week saying that particular MB only supports up to 50 watts through the pci-e slot so going as high as a GTX 1050ti may or may not work. I would look at a regular 1050 or possibly a GTX 1030.

Two things to check:

1: The screw holes in the motherboard may be in proprietary locations. Make sure they match up with a new case.
2: The front wiring from the case to the motherboard is going to be difficult to figure out. HP MB's usually don't tell you what pins are what (ie: HDD light, pwr switch...ect) Make sure you know these pin locations before you start taking apart the tower.

Good luck

mgallo848

Commendable
Someone posted last week saying that particular MB only supports up to 50 watts through the pci-e slot so going as high as a GTX 1050ti may or may not work. I would look at a regular 1050 or possibly a GTX 1030.

Two things to check:

1: The screw holes in the motherboard may be in proprietary locations. Make sure they match up with a new case.
2: The front wiring from the case to the motherboard is going to be difficult to figure out. HP MB's usually don't tell you what pins are what (ie: HDD light, pwr switch...ect) Make sure you know these pin locations before you start taking apart the tower.

Good luck

Solution

mgallo848

Commendable

You can possibly save money by trying the 1050ti on the current MB first. Others were saying it may or may not work. If it doesn't work it won't hurt the GPU, it just won't run properly. Then you could spend money on a new MB if you need to.

wolfblitzer101

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015