JDinSD

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Not to beat a dead horse about i5 vs i7 for gaming but I spent a few days looking for an answer to my questions but I only found partial answer as what is best for gaming.

I was debating between the i5-3570K and the i7-3770k for gaming, yes I know the price difference and that I am better off with the i5-3570k if I was just gaming. I play a game that is CPU heavy and I also record 3 hour battles battles in my game using FRAPS.

My question is will I get a benefit of the i7-3770k while playing games and using FRAPS to record at the same time or would the i5 handle a game and FRAPS recording just as well. Keep in mind money isn't an option since the i7 I can get for $275 or the i5 $215.

Also I will most likely be getting the ASRock Extreme 6 board since its decently priced and a GTX 670 Video Card.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :hello:

If money is no object you might as well get the 3770k.

It is some small amount better. The drawback is usually the additional price not making up for that small amount better, but if the price doesn't matter there is no reason to take the lower option.

+1 for Raiddinn

The problem that happens is that rarely do you not hold back in other areas that would give you a better a better performance boost then the difference between the Intel® Core™ i7-3770K and the Intel Core i5-3570K. So if you are going to be getting an good video card and an SSD then sure go with the Intel Core i7-3770K.

TRENDING THREADS