Samsung 850 pro SSD
western digital 1tb black hard drive
corsair dominator platinum 16gb ddr4
ASUS Maximus hero vii hero alpha motherboard
Seasonic platinum 1050 watt power supply 80 plus platinum rated
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW hybrid water cooled edition with EVGA power link
corsair h100i v2 CPU water cooler
corsair 750 d airflow edition case
RGBG strips hooked up to motherboard and corsair af140 fans and sp120 fans in red.
also I'm throwing in cooler master devastator keyboard and mouse, Samsung 32inch 1080p monitor and corsair mm800 Polaris RGB Mousepad with it. All manuals and spare parts come with as well as warranty info. What is a fair price for this bundle?

Solution

If you paid $2200 for it, I would say then maybe $1250 - $1300 would be more of a fair appraisal. Keep in mind you lose a lot of money once the parts are taken out of the box.

About 85% of the full purchase price. Last generation fairly nice quad core, higher end parts with a current gen GFX card. When you say throwing in, that does mean those items are not brought into negotiations or the final price. They are free. You buy this and I'll throw in this. If that is not the case, you need to reword it. Regardless it's a high end build from a couple generations so it won't take such a huge secondary market hit like a lower end less desirable build would. I'd not accept any less than 80%. You've already put the time and effort into building it. Does it have an OS? Have to prove functionality.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Honestly, I'd throw all those core pc parts into pcpartpicker.com. And that's the price I'd start with. Reason being is that a case could be made that the monitor, kb/mouse, OS, mouse pad, labor etc are freebies, and they'll add up to $400+ easily. So that's the figure I'd start with, because it's a guaranteed fact you will still get haggled for a lower price, no one will accept face value because it's used. Upto you to ask yourself just how much that 5months of use is worth loosing in $$

Christopher_175

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
@aquielisunari yes I'm throwing in the keyboard/mouse and monitor in for free and it has windows 10 64bit OS installed. I had put it for sale on ksl.com "utahs craigslist" and seems people are cheap here was getting offers for 600 dollars. The thing that is good is everything is still under manufacture warranty so would that add any value at all?
@karadjgne I wish I didn't have to sell it, need to pay for my next semester of collage.

Was it paid for with cash and do you have the receipts? Yes? It adds value as long as you have registered each component or at least fulfilled the buyer's warranty responsibilities. No? No it doesn't. Go buy it for less from the guy across the street and if a part dies you have purchased a used system as is without protection and you have an expensive paperweight. Many warranties aren't transferable. EVGA's warranties can be transferred. Not sure about your warranties.

Christopher_175

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
@ aquielisunari It was paid for on my debit card. I have the print out of my order from Newegg and all the components that can be registered have been. Ill call the other companies and ask them if the warranty can be transferred to a new owner. I wouldn't want to say that it comes with manufacture warranty if the warranty does not transfer to the new owner.

Christopher_175

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
So I added everything up in pc part picker and 80 percent of the total value is $1577.89. I think 1550.00 is a good price for a computer that isn't the newest components out their but everything in it is a well known good brand. plus the gero alpha board is compatable with the 7700k right?

g-unit1111

Titan

You won't get $1500 for a previously owned system that you paid $1500 for. You're most likely going to get about 1/2 that back.

Compatibility https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/HelpDesk_CPU/ Yes it is. Does that add value? No, you have already placed a value on that fact when you priced the MB.

Then let's get realistic.

$1000 best case scenario.

Christopher_175

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
g unit I didn't pay 1500 for it I paid well over 2200 for it new. I looked up all the parts on pc part picker and it came out to over 1900 dollars I was saying that if I should sell it for 80 percent of what its worth new that 1550 is a fair price for everything.

g-unit1111

Titan

If you paid $2200 for it, I would say then maybe $1250 - $1300 would be more of a fair appraisal. Keep in mind you lose a lot of money once the parts are taken out of the box.

Solution

Let's clarify my initial statement. It's worth about 80% of what a smart shopper would pay for it. There is a 0% chance anybody could even get 50% of their money back if they purchase a 1060 today and eventually wanted to sell it used. I could, a few months back purchase a 1060 6GB for $259. I now go and look at that card and see https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127963&cm_re=1060-_-14-127-963-_-Product $329.99. What it costs new is irrelevant if too much was paid for it.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I totally agree with that. The bad thing with GPUs right now is that Etherum is affecting prices across the board and even used you won't get that if they're sold as part of a rig. Now sell that part separately and you could get some money back for it considering how hostile the GPU market is right now.

TRENDING THREADS