Current build is.

Motherboard: rog strix x370-f gaming
Cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
Ram: g-skill 32gb 3200mhz
Gpu: gigabyte 2060 oc
Psu: tx 650m Corsair
Storage: 250gb ssd WD blue/ 2x WD blue 4tb hhd/ 2tb Samsung evo plus m.2 drive
Case: cooler master h 500

So I’m thinking of upgrading my current build and I need some advice on what motherboard I should get, as well as maybe if I should wait for the new CPU’s that are coming from AMD in a couple of weeks or so.
My budget for a motherboard is £200/£300 but I don’t really want to spend £300 unless I REALLY like it, the brands that i like are MSI and Asus I will mostly be playing video games and some lite recording and streaming game play to YouTube and video editing from time to time but this is secondary.
I’m thinking a b650 Series motherboard as the X series, which is what I’ve currently got, has a bunch of features that I just didn’t bother using in the end.
I would need something that would be suitable for the build that I will be working towards in the upcoming months.

The things that I would like the most are

Cpu socket: AM5
Pcie: 5.0
DDR5 capable of speeds up to 6000 ish
I would like abit of rgb
Colour scheme: black
And some thing that has good vrm cooling
Don’t really care about wifi but it’s nice to have

This is what I’m hopping to upgrade to.

Motherboard: don’t know yet
Cpu: ryzen 7 7800x3d or a ryzen 9000 series depending on how good they are and what the prices will be.
Ram: Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30-38-38-96 1.35V 32GB (2x16GB)
Gpu: 4070ti or a AMD rx 7800xt
Psu: will stay the same for now, but will upgrade to a 850w when I get the new gpu later on.
Storage: will stay the same
Case: will stay the same

Thank you for your time in helping me with this I really appreciate it.

Muddy.

Ps. Can someone explain to me, what the E’s and F’s mean in the name of a motherboard eg’

ROG Strix X670E-F​

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You can look through this video;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUUVW7wgR3s

Ps. Can someone explain to me, what the E’s and F’s mean in the name of a motherboard eg’
The E and F will only be seen within Asus's portfolio. Back in the day Asus's ROG lineups had Extreme and Formula series motherboards. For almost a decade, they've collapsed those words to the first letter of said word, for example, H = hero, F = Formula and E = Extreme. Pricing and feature set wise, H<F<E.

^ Please be wary the E after the chipset number does not follow the nomenclature Asus uses in it's product stack.

Psu: tx 650m Corsair
How old is the PSU in your build?