[SOLVED] Need Help, Having the worst luck with Displays

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Hey everyone, so I am trying to find a good monitor... I had an Acer Nitro 1440p 32" (non curved) that ended up display black bars at the top, returned it, got the replacement home, HORRIBLE light bleed in the bottom left, retruned it, got the Samsung G7 (dumped extra money into that purchase), got it home, DEAD PIXELS!

So my question is.... Do I give the Samsung G7 (32" 1440p) another chance with a replacement or do I go with something else?
So I've dug around and was even considering maybe one of these 4:
LG UltraGear 32GP850-B
Samsung C32G57T
ASUS TUG Gaming VG32VQ1B
Acer Predator XB323U Gpbmiiphzx

Ive only got a 3060 so I dont really think I need the 240hz, so maybe the G5? How is the panel in the G5 compared to the G7?

Last edited:
Solution
ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" UWQHD <--- Any opinions?
i will always recommend a curved ultra-wide to any serious PC gamer or those looking to switch from dual-display setups but i personally do not like VA panel monitors.
have been through a few at home and researched for months viewing displays in shops and online.
the majority of them i've used had serious viewing angle issues; even staring directly straight ahead at the center of the screen the corners & up the sides would be grayish and slightly washed out.
i have always had much better experiences with nicer IPS panels.

this ASUS model also has pretty low quality HDR so if that was one of the deciding factors i would look elsewhere.

i would guess by the system...
ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" UWQHD <--- Any opinions?
i will always recommend a curved ultra-wide to any serious PC gamer or those looking to switch from dual-display setups but i personally do not like VA panel monitors.
have been through a few at home and researched for months viewing displays in shops and online.
the majority of them i've used had serious viewing angle issues; even staring directly straight ahead at the center of the screen the corners & up the sides would be grayish and slightly washed out.
i have always had much better experiences with nicer IPS panels.

this ASUS model also has pretty low quality HDR so if that was one of the deciding factors i would look elsewhere.

i would guess by the system specifications that you are not much into PC gaming so this is for basic home and/or office use?
either way you may want to look into some of the newest TV models for your computer's display.
the LG CX/BX series are very nice panels with very nice options.

if you really want an ultra-wide 1440p screen i would recommend the Dell AW3420DW.

Solution

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
I should probably update the specs, but Im up to an i7-4790 with the 3060. As for serious PC gaming, not really. I dont play anything competitive, I just play for leisure. I was told to maybe even look into 27" displays as 32" 1440p display are kinda ehhhhhh.

As for serious PC gaming, not really. I dont play anything competitive, I just play for leisure.
by "serious" i only mean that it is your main platform for gaming and spend the majority of your gaming time on PC.
competitive gamers usually use lower resolution & very high refresh rate displays.
I was told to maybe even look into 27" displays as 32" 1440p display are kinda ehhhhhh.
there are some nice 32" 1440p displays.
for anything 37" or over though i would recommend 2160p.

there are a lot of 27" >/= 144Hz monitors out there with very nice options these days.
many for good prices also now that the 4K craze has hit.