Need help installing OS from USB

Shloptard

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
I recently put in a new hard drive into my old pc to have it work again. I bought windows 10 for it. I have a h81m-e33 and I need help installing the windows 10 from a USB. It's saying "reboot and select proper boot drive." It's recognizing my hard drive and optical drive but I need it to install the Windows 10 from the USB. The bios menu is very bad and non-user-friendly and hard to understand. It has UEFI which I really don't know what to do with it. If you could help at all, it would be great!

Solution
Make sure your not using a USB port built into your case if the headers aren't connected. Plug into your motherboard usb ports, unless you know for sure your front/case usb ports are connected properly.

Follow the above steps from previous posters on making sure your usb is your priority boot sequence.

Deverick37

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
Go to your bios and if its anything like mine on MSI motherboards it shows your boot devices in a row and drag the usb to the far left and it will boot first, if not then try and find anything that says boot order and make sure the USB is the first

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Make sure your not using a USB port built into your case if the headers aren't connected. Plug into your motherboard usb ports, unless you know for sure your front/case usb ports are connected properly.

Follow the above steps from previous posters on making sure your usb is your priority boot sequence.

Solution