[SOLVED] Need help migrating data from one drive to google drive

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
i basically need to make a copy of all the data on one drive to gdrive. I use good sync currently but it is very,very,very slow. I tried cyberduck but it crashes randomly and is not reliable at all. The data I have to transfer is around 4.5tb. I have tried mover but the task just gets queued and never starts. I have a 300mbps unlimited connection so I don’t mind using it. I can also pay for any online services if they can do it faster if they are cheap. Can Someone help me? Thank you.

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
First off, why?

Second, 4.5TB WILL be very slow copying to the internet.

All these other tools you're using don't being anything special to the table.
Your internet connection is still the slow part of the chain.

why is because google drive works faster for my geographical location for downloading and uploading when compared to one drive.

I understand that the amount of data that I need to transfer is a lot. That is why I need some suggestions on what approach would be the best.

the tools I’ve used till now are what I could find on the internet from my research.

USAFRet

Titan
why is because google drive works faster for my geographical location for downloading and uploading when compared to one drive.

I understand that the amount of data that I need to transfer is a lot. That is why I need some suggestions on what approach would be the best.

the tools I’ve used till now are what I could find on the internet from my research.
No, I meant why are you moving this 4.5TB to google drive?

There is no special 'tool' that will speed this up.
It is what it is.

Absent these tools, how are you accessing this gdrive?
Just try that.

Or, with one of these tools...just do it in small chunks.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Based on your local storage.

Pick a folder/chunk and download to local PC. Set PC to never turn off and start the download while you sleep, at work, etc.
Take that chunk and upload it while asleep, at work, etc. With my internet this is the SLOW part of the deal.

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
Based on your local storage.

Pick a folder/chunk and download to local PC. Set PC to never turn off and start the download while you sleep, at work, etc.
Take that chunk and upload it while asleep, at work, etc. With my internet this is the SLOW part of the deal.
Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I have been trying to do this actually, with good sync I am able to download faster from one drive but only 4-5 files at a time(if I try crossing this limit, then the upload stops with an error from the server). Then uploading them to gdrive 10 files at a time. Do you know the limitations of one drive? Simultaneous uploads and downloads?