Need help on MoBo selection

Shah_Izzman

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015
Hi guys. I'm an artist buying a new system after both my pc and tablet went kaput. This is what i have selected so far and I need help with the MoBo:

CPU: i5 6400
GPU: R7 370
RAM: G.Skill Sniper
HDD: Hitachi 1TB
Casing/PSU: Any

I will be using this PC for illustration work, likely the most graphics/processing intensive programme I will use is Photoshop CC. Maybe somr Blender or ZBrush work for fun. For this reason I wanted to choose a good Skylake CPU. So for aa 1151 socket compatible MoBo, I am looking at Z170 MoBos. I originally picked an Asus Z170-K, but it only supports DDR4 RAMs. I don't want to spend more on RAM as I am already stretching my buget. There is also the Asus Z170-P and M but their model seems questionable. AsRock also has some 1151/DDR3 compatible Z170 MoBo but people don't seem to trust AsRock. Any thoughts on what MoBo I should biy, or on my build so far?

I also live in Malaysia so some parts may be unavailable to me.

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Going Z170 without DDR4 RAM seems like a waste to me. But since you are in Malaysia it would be easier if you told us the models you have available and can buy,and we help you weed out the poor options,instead of us recommending things you can't get anyway.